Senior Associate Scientist
About Pfizer All over the world, Pfizer colleagues are working together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. As we continue to develop healthcare products and expand our business globally, we are consistently looking for new talent. Right now we are seeking highly qualified candidates to fill this position: Pfizer Consumer Healthcare R&D site in Søborg, Denmark, is searching for an Experienced Technician (Senior Associate Scientist) for analytical development.
The R&D team in Søborg consists of several functions responsible for development activities that bring new healthcare products to the markets globally. We are currently building capabilities for analytical and microbiology development to support the rapid prototype development performed by our product design scientists. As senior associate scientist in the analytical development team you will be part of a growing organization, where you will to some extent have the opportunity to be part of identifying, recommending and building the needed capabilities.
Our product portfolio mainly consists of dietary supplement products containing vitamin-minerals, plant extracts, omega-3s and probiotics in various dosage forms. We are looking for an experienced technician with a broad experience in analytical laboratories, preferably in analytical development.
This is what you can expect:
- To be an active member of our Analytical Development Team under Product Design and assist the Product Design Team in the development of new food supplements and drugs within the Consumer Healthcare portfolio.
- To work in compliance with appropriate regulations (cGMP).
- To analyze new product prototypes with established or new analytical and microbiological methodologies and participate in resolving analytical challenges with colleagues in the team.
- To develop, validate and transfer analytical methods suitable to analyze actives in new products with various chemical and microbiological analytical techniques (HPLC/UPLC, GC, UPLC-MS, ICP-OES, molecular and atomic spectrophotometry, titrimetry, plate count, flow cytometry etc).
- To be responsible for documentation of experimental data in electronic laboratory notebooks (ELN) and communicate and discuss the obtained results with the team.
- To occasionally participate in transfer of methods to our production in Italy, limited travel activity maybe expected.
- To be part of a newly formed analytical and microbiology team in setting up equipment and processes for a newly build analytical and microbiological laboratory.
- To be responsible for various laboratory equipment (equipment SOPs, service agreements, system qualification, maintenance, calibration etc.).
- To maintain good housekeeping and appropriate level of Environmental Health & Safety in the Analytical Development laboratory.
- To be responsible for ordering of chemicals, utensils etc. needed to assist the R&D activities in the lab.
The position requires an Academy Profession graduate in Chemical Science (laborant) or a Bsc in chemistry or a related field and +10 years of relevant experience or equivalent work experience.
Experience in HPLC-analysis of vitamins and plant extracts is preferred. *Experience in titrimetric methods, GC, spectral analysis and mineral analysis using ICP is an advantage.
- Experience in microbiological methods, preferably analysis of probiotic bacteria, is an advantage.
- You work independently and systematic but also work efficiently in a team.
- You have an open mind-set and demonstrate innovative thinking to solve analytical problems.
- You have a positive attitude and walk the extra mile to support the team.
- You are able to adapt to change.
- Experience working with GMP is an advantage.
- Proficient in English both written and oral. Danish is an advantage.
- You are proficient in MS Office.
If you enjoy to deliver on ambitious goals and want to be part of a team with motivated colleagues where everybody works together, the scientific standards are high and we have a focus on the consumer, this could be the position you have been looking for.
We offer attractive benefits, flexible work hours and good possibilities for personal and professional development.
For questions regarding this position please contact Eva Andersen, Principal Scientist, phone +45 31 10 20 45. Discover Your Path.
We look forward to receiving your online application complete with all necessary documents. Please apply in English. For more information and to apply please go to www.pfizercareers.com and search for Job ID 1036618.