Head of Scouting & Exploration, Incubation & Acquisitions
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make an impact and help create a better world. For those around us, for each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Business Development, you will join a dynamic team to build new business and extend the reach of our biological solutions, paving the way for a brighter future.
Head of Scouting & Exploration, Incubation & Acquisitions, BA, DK
The current incumbent has transitioned into a new position within the company, and we are therefore looking for a candidate who will step into the role as Head of Scouting & Exploration.
The global Incubation & Acquisitions business unit, responsible for delivering new business development and acquisitions & investments to the organization, is led by our VP for Business Incubation & Acquisitions. The Incubation & Acquisitions team consists of several business units; Scouting & Exploration, Opportunity Maturation, Acquisitions & Investments & R&D.
It is vital for the development of Novozymes that the Incubation & Acquisitions team manages to continuously keep a high inflow of new business ideas in order to not slow down the innovation flow of opportunities. The team does this through organic growth; line extensions and new industry business as well as through acquisitions & investments.
In the role as Head of Scouting & Exploration you will be responsible for the first part of the open innovation funnel, where many business ideas are being channeled in from different sources (such as R&D, events, clients, universities, startups etc.), evaluated and prioritized. The ones selected will go through rapid experimentation and benefits, as well as costs and risk will be identified.
The Head of Scouting & Exploration will initially be based at the Novozymes headquarters in Bagsværd, Denmark, and will report with a solid line to the VP for Business Incubation & Acquisitions. There is an option to have the position moved to the US after some time, in order to be closer to the innovation hubs in either the Boston area or California, should this fit the candidate filling the position and Novozymes.
The aim of the position is to be the driving force in identifying a constant funnel of new opportunities that are in line with the business objectives, but at the same time be disruptive and push the business into new directions. You will handle the scouting & exploration activities, as well as be an active networker inside and outside of Novozymes and bring a high number of innovative opportunities to the business.
Travelling activity is to be expected in the position; app. 60 days per year.
In this position you need to:
- Have a master’s degree or equivalent
- Be able to demonstrate success in a similar context: Bring an established professional portfolio showcasing opportunities identified and evaluated, as well as success rate and numbers of opportunities developed
- Bring solid technological understanding and experience from a company working with technological solutions within biotech, IT, medtech/devices or similar
- Bring an already established and developed global network, particularly in North America (Bay Area, Boston etc.), as well as maintaining an active relationship with the most innovative business development communities and groups, such as biotech and IT
- Strong analytical and presentation skills with excellent project & process management skills
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves to operate successfully in a complex and entrepreneurial environment with scarce resources
- Executive presence and ability to communicate effectively with senior executives and across functions
- Ability to influence various internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and at the same time have an inspirational personality with the ability to motivate others and get them to follow
- High learning agility and tolerance for ambiguity
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Emilie Stage Tingskou, Director, Incubation Development & Excellence on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: September 23, 2016
Please attach your CV, cover letter and diploma(s) when you apply.