Programme Manager for safe water projects
The Poul Due Jensen Foundation (The Grundfos Foundation) is the majority shareholder in and main owner of the Grundfos Group. The Foundation is organized as a Danish commercial foundation having the overall objective to ensure the continued development of the Grundfos Group on a sound financial basis. Besides fulfilling the main objective, the Foundation is involved in philanthropic funding of safe water project in the developing world and social responsibility projects in Denmark. In addition, the Foundation supports research and learning environments within natural sciences and sponsors the Grundfos Prize, the Poul Due Jensen Scholarship and the Poul Due Jensen Innovation Award.
Do you want to make a difference to the 663 million people worldwide in need of safe water and influence the UN Sustainable Development Goal 6.1 directly? Are you energized by developing safe water projects in developing countries in cooperation with NGOs and other partners? Is it important for you to follow up and improve projects to improve impact?
The Poul Due Jensen Foundation is looking for a programme manager with strong analytic, technical and project management skills, who are experienced in working closely with international NGOs, development aid agencies and service providers to drive the day-to-day operation of our portfolio of safe water projects.
Is that you?
Reporting to and cooperating with the Executive Director of the Poul Due Jensen Foundation, you will:
- Assess and evaluate existing and new partners to ensure strategic fit
- Develop new safe water projects in close cooperation with NGOs and other partners to ensure strategic fit, and assess incoming applications
- Prepare thorough recommendation for the Executive Director and the Donation Board
- Follow-up on existing partners and safe water projects and ensure execution in line with the agreed terms
- Assess and evaluate the portfolio of safe water projects
We expect that you:
- Hold a technical degree
- Have experience from working with NGOs and governmental bodies
- Are certified in project management and experienced in project portfolio management.
- Hold a high degree of professional integrity and a humanitarian mind-set
- Stay focused on the details and search for, recommend, and initiate appropriate solutions
- Are cooperative and solution oriented
You will work at the Grundfos facilities in Bjerringbro, Denmark along with the rest of the secretariat. Your job will involve travelling activities in developing countries related to project monitoring.
You can learn more about the Poul Due Jensen Foundation on www.poulduejensenfoundation.com. If you have questions or want to know more about the position, please contact Executive Director Christian Hartvig at +4523732636.
If you find the job interesting, please your application, CV and documentation. First round of interviews will be conducted in week 39.