Newell Rubbermaid Newell Brands is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Graco, Baby Jogger, Aprica, Goody, Irwin, Lenox, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Coleman, First Alert, FoodSaver, Jostens, K2, NUK, Oster, Rawlings, Sunbeam and Yankee Candle . Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
For our dynamic team in Hvidovre, we are currently looking for a Sales Assistant
Market, Shopper, Channel, & Category Understanding:
- Establishes credibility with the customer through demonstrating knowledge of the marketplace, relevant competition, key business drivers for respective sales group and the target consumer of the brand
- Shares customer(buyer)/consumer/shopper/purchaser/end user feedback with the appropriate sales and marketing teams
- Applies understanding of product portfolio and brand positioning
Customer & Category Strategy Development:
- Gathers customer, market, and competitor understanding and supporting the delivery of innovative win-win customer and channel strategies for their territory/account portfolio
- Assists in delivery of specific customer strategic plans incorporating customer program and promotional planning, opportunities to take share, plans to leverage customer pricing (where geographically appropriate), customer/consumer strategy
- Applies understanding of category management intelligence to assist in execution with our trade partners
- Supports the delivery of the strategic priorities, positioning of key brands and strategic propositions that will grow our brands and delight our customers and shoppers
Customer Planning and Execution:
- Contributes to the delivery of annual operating plan to grow both the customer’s and Newell Rubbermaid’s business
- Supports the implementation of methods that allow Newell Rubbermaid to assist our customers effectively and creatively win with consumers, shoppers, end-users, and purchasers through promotions, packaging, merchandising, and leveraging Brands that Matter
- Supports the selling of the strategy and plan to customers in an effort to grow business for the customer and Newell Rubbermaid and to achieve internal targets and goals while accelerating the growth of the customer faster than the competition with a strong focus on both sell-through and sell-in plans
- Supports the delivery of consumer strategies and plans (with channel, finance and supply chain where applicable) developed by brand management to achieve results in a profitable manner for Newell Rubbermaid as well as our customers, and to measure program/plan success to agreed metrics
- Assists in the execution and coordination of promotions, merchandising, forecasts, and annual planning (where applicable)
- Assists in the managing of tactical activities relating to promotions activities, merchandising, etc. (where applicable)
- Performs administrative duties/tasks and supports the department (where applicable)
Customer Relationship Management:
- Represents the company in a professional manner, presenting one company face to the customer
- Elevates customer concerns/needs immediately to sales management
Trade Fund and Pricing Execution:
- Supports sales with up to date pricing and trade term communications
- Supports and provides data to help sales analyze the impact of price on sell through
- Provides insight on mix and pricing information based on brand and marketing direction
- Communicates marketplace trends related to customer and competitor pricing
- Applies understanding of financial growth goals for respective accounts and the impact that specific product categories have on the profitability of the business
- Provides historical information on sales by SKU, category, business, etc., as well as competitive movement and pricing information
- Provides necessary reports to help sales analyze margin and product mix
- Manages inventory levels by controlling returns and damages
Information Systems and Metrics:
- Uses internal systems and resources, as well as external where necessary, to access sales numbers including customer, market and shopper data, category sales and SKU level sales
- Compiles data provided by account regarding POS, turns, inventory and GMROI (where applicable)
- Provides reporting on metric success targets (where applicable)
- 3-5 years of experience in a business environment
- Fluent in Danish and English
- Good command of MS Outlook, Excel, Power Point etc.
- Flexible and proactive approach, shows commitment & passion while dealing with multiple priorities
- Excellent time management skills
- Results oriented, with the attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and under his/her own initiative
- Able to demonstrate ‘can do’ attitude
What we can offer you!
Newell Rubbermaid is a global company with a lot of opportunities, both internationally and locally and we encourage development on a professional and personal level. You will be working with some of the best known brands in the world and you will have colleagues who are highly motivated and competent. You can count on their support to achieve the goals you are aiming for.
Are you interested?
If so, please apply by uploading your resume, adding your salary expectation, via our online application tool by clicking on the application link on this site.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities. Newell Rubbermaid and its Business Units are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.