Team manager for fermentation optimization team
For our newly established team of skilled fermentation scientist in the Process Technology Department in Hørsholm, we are looking for a Team Manager to build and develop the Fermentation Optimization team.
Chr. Hansen is the world’s leading supplier of bacteria for the dairy, meat and wine industry, as well as probiotics for humans and animals and for plant protection. One of the key ingredients in our success is the continuous improvement of our production processes and the scalability between our different production plants.
In Process Technology Department we work with every step of our different production processes to identify, test and implement optimised solutions for our production. We work with incremental process improvement and also develop, test and implement radical new production processes and we support our global production teams on technical challenges.
As our new Team Manager you will be responsible for securing delivery of fermentation optimization solutions to our factories in close collaboration with Global production in EU and US. You will be an important link between Process Development and Production, so stakeholder management, communication and strong collaboration skills will be key to this position.
In return we offer a management position with possibilities to grow with your team and within the organization. Inspiring and skilled colleagues, challenging and very diverse tasks, highly appreciated working environment and good carrier opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity to develop a new team where your responsibilities will count:
- Secure implementation of optimized fermentation solutions in our Global production plants in close collaboration with colleagues in Process Development, Production and Engineering
- Manage and develop a team of highly skilled fermentation specialist
- Manage collaboration with key stake-holders within our global organization
- Be an active part of the Process Innovation Management group, where trust ambition and passion are key values
- Around 20 days of travelling pr. year, primarily in Europe and US is expected
- Identifying potential for optimizing fermentation processes
Your personal profile
- 1-4 years of experience from similar position (Team Manager/Department Manager or Project manager), other relevant position or genuine interest in people management
- You hold a relevant PhD or M.Sc. degree in the field of biotechnology
- You have experience from industrial production, process development and/or fermentation optimization
- You define clear goals, are well organized, proactive and focussed on delivering on time solutions with the desired quality
- You adapt easily to changes and maintain high performance under pressure
- You are open minded, good at building personal relations in a professional setting and have excellent and effective communication skills
If you have questions you are welcome to contact Anders Clausen at +45 6043 3467 [Call: +45 6043 3467]
Please apply on-line – click here. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank. Deadline for applications is 30 September 2016.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. Products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2012/13 financial year was EUR 738 million. The Company holds a leading market position in all its divisions: Cultures & Enzymes, Health & Nutrition and Natural Colors. It has more than 2,500 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, the US and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen.