Head of Information Excellence, Data & Analytics
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries. As part of Corporate Functions, you will help empower people, enable decision making and create the agility that will strengthen Novozymes’ competitive edge and extend the reach of our biological answers.
Head of Information Excellence, Data & Analytics, Bagsværd
Data & Analytics Center of Excellence is a newly established, highly prioritized focus area. You will be a part of a larger global team and develop analytical solutions, along with extracting insights from data for improving business decisions. The Information Excellence department is part of Data & Analytics and supports and develops the ”Data to Decision” processes within Novozymes. We do this by driving the development of Information Management capabilities in collaboration with the business and IT, and by delivering services to corporate data, reporting and analytics stakeholders.
You will initiate, drive, and develop our capabilities within Data Governance, BI & Analytics in close cooperation with line of business and IT.
You will play an important role in building our new Data & Analytics organization on our quest for becoming an even more data-driven company. Among other things you will work with the following;
- Ensure that relevant information can be accessed and analyzed to make better decisions every day
- Define the future architecture, data foundation, tools and technologies for BI & Analytics and ensure continuous development of the platform(s)
- Engage with line of business and change initiatives to ensure efficient and aligned usage of information and data, and required documentation
- Empowering the business analysts; support BI/Analytics Self Service
- Ensure data is transparent, easy accessible, and available
- Champion a data-centric and analytic mindset
- Designing, implementing, optimizing and monitoring global/cross-functional data governance, processes and KPIs
- Proactively suggest and support innovative analytics initiatives that can grow our business
- Manage, recruit, develop and retain the right resources and competencies in the department
We are offering an exciting and challenging job in an international atmosphere with good opportunities to make an impact and grow the business.
To be successful in this position, you need to have in-depth knowledge and experiences from information architecture roles, as well as an ability to understand and help address the challenges and opportunities line of business is facing. You are visionary and forward-looking ready to embrace the major opportunities Big Data and Advanced analytics tools and technologies will bring.
As a person you are committed and professional with a result oriented mind. You are energetic with a positive can do attitude.
You have a solid business acumen and are good at interacting with a wide array of stakeholders spanning from Finance, Sales, Supply Chain to IT. Building relationships is something you enjoy and you have proficient skills in team leading, collaboration and communication. You are able to communicate both technical and business related subjects to any audience.
In this position you need to have:
- A Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other degree combined with relevant experience
- 5+ years relevant experience in the field of BI/Analytics/Data architecture
- Experience with extracting valuable, deep insights from all types of data including Big Data
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases and data modeling
- Experience with end-user analytical and visualization tools, e.g. Tableau, SAS JMP, Qlik, Spotfire, R
- Knowledge of Big Data platform technologies and how to integrate them into an enterprise environment
- You are a highly skilled specialist with ambitions for more, with a promising leader talent, or you are an experienced leader within this area
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information please contact Senior Director, Data & Analytics Mikkel Barth-Højgaard, telephone +45 30772573.
Application deadline: October 2, 2016.
Make sure to upload application, CV and all grades from bachelor and master program.