Patent Attorney, R&D Intellectual Property
Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply you will help find the biological answers and build the new businesses that can pave the way for a brighter future.
Patent Attorney, R&D Intellectual Property, Bagsvaerd
Novozymes Patents & Licensing is an international organization, which integrates world class IP rights into Novozymes’ global activities. The branches in Denmark, US, India and China work closely together in order to enable and protect the unique Novozymes innovation to empower business.
You now have the chance to be part of this global team as a Patent Attorney positioned at our headquarters in Bagsvaerd, Denmark, where we are 14 patent agents and 7 assistants.
Patenting is important for Novozymes as reflected in our position as number 3 on EPO’s 2015 statistics on filings in the category of Biotechnology.
Your responsibility will be to create and maintain the best possible patent portfolio within one or a few industry areas, by drafting and prosecuting patent applications, monitoring competitors’ patents, performing freedom-to-operate analyses, and educating and giving advice to R&D and business. When input from IP searches is needed you will have the support of our experienced IP analyst colleagues in India. Participating in patent related conflicts such as oppositions before the European Patent Office and international litigation cases could also be part of your tasks.
The execution of the various tasks will take place in close collaboration with IP colleagues located in Denmark or at other sites as well as representatives from the R&D and Sales & Marketing organizations.
In this position you need to:
- Have worked as a Patent Attorney for several years, and preferably have passed the European Qualifying Exam or similar national qualification
- Have a Master’s degree within biotechnology, biochemistry, molecular biology or similar, possibly supplemented with a PhD
- On a personal level, you have a good sense of humour, are outgoing, ambitious, self-disciplined and systematic
- Have a huge drive for results and be comfortable in managing internal stakeholders, from scientists to commercial colleagues
- Work both independently and within a team including collaborating closely with inventors and your colleagues in the global patent organization
- Be a team player with good communication skills (fluent in oral and written English), and enjoy a busy working day with tight and focused deadlines
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com.
For more information please contact Senior Department Manager Preben Rasmussen, tel: +45 44 46 37 81.
Application deadline: October 5, 2016.
Please attach your diplomas when you apply for the job.