Team Leader of Discovery Chemistry
Transforming challenges into medicines
Nuevolution is a biopharmaceutical company focused on developing treatments for human diseases within oncology, immuno-oncology and autoimmune diseases. Nuevolution is the sole inventor of Chemetics®, a drug discovery platform which enables efficient discovery of novel chemical small molecule leads for specific indications.
Nuevolution has applied its drug discovery platform to deliver leads for several world-leading pharmaceutical partners. Since late 2012 the Company is using its platform for own drug development effort, creating its own pipeline of programs. Nuevolution is dedicated to the identification and progression of novel compounds addressing unmet medical needs with a main disease focus on Inflammation, Oncology and Immuno-oncology. Through creation of a collection of more than 1 billion small molecules, Nuevolution has established itself as a leading party in the field of small molecule lead discovery. The companies’ growth focus and value proposition is the establishment of a number of high value drug programs in early clinical development as well as in discovery and pre-clinical development, available and ready for partnering, thereby leveraging its drug discovery platform.
We offer a highly challenging and inspiring working environment in a biotech company pushing boundaries. If you are hard-working, creative, goal-oriented, open minded and have the desire for doing break-through science within drug discovery, we have the ideal position for you.
You will work as Team Leader of Discovery Chemistry to implement the chemistry researches by:
- Managing effectively a team of medicinal chemists (CRO's staff) to successfully sustain the chemical strategy of lead optimization projects
- Concurring in identifying structure activity relationships (SAR) to address potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy in lead optimization programs
- Working proactively and collaborate with a multidisciplinary group
- Maintaining productivity and showing ability to address synthetic challenges in the laboratory
- Following chemistry literature to identify, propose and implement innovative chemistry reactions to allow the preparation of novel molecules
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry
- 3-5 years of drug discovery experience in industry setting
- Team player with decisive mind-set for reaching project objectives
- Track record of medicinal chemistry contributions to help advance programs
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge in state-of-the-art organic synthetic chemistry
- Strong understanding of the drug discovery process
- Have the ability to publish scientific work in the open literature and present lectures/posters at scientific meetings and academic institutions
- Fluency in English
The Team Leader will collaborate with other members of the Discovery Chemistry and Project Groups in order to reach company goals. The Team Leader will report formally to the Director of Discovery Chemistry at Nuevolution.
- An exciting and open working environment with 42 highly skilled colleagues operating in a focused and committed biotech company
- Competitive salary and remuneration package based on performance, attitude and qualifications
- A great place to be
The place of work will be at our premises in Copenhagen.
To apply for this position, please send your application marked “Team Leader of Discovery Chemistry” including CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or Nuevolution A/S, Rønnegade 8, DK-2100 Copenhagen, Denmark, no later than October 13, 2016.
Nuevolution AB (publ) is a leading small molecule drug discovery biotech company founded in 2001, headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark. Nuevolution partners its proprietary discovery platform and programs with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to seek future benefit of patients in need of novel medical treatment options. Nuevolution’s internal programs are focused on therapeutically important targets within inflammation, oncology and immuno-oncology.
Nuevolution AB (publ) is listed at Nasdaq First North Premier in Stockholm, Sweden (ticker: NUE). More information about Nuevolution can be found on: www.nuevolution.com