Plant Design Engineer
Plant design engineer position in a leading, international project organization
Plant Design, process dimensioning, configuration and drawing– a versatile Plant design position with many stakeholders.
In this position you will in your capacity as Plant Design Engineer be part of a team designing new factories, process lines as well as upgrading of existing production facilities for ANDRITZ Feed & Biofuel world-wide. This role is broad with high demands to your engineering and communication skills throughout the entire organization i.e. within your team, other in house departments such as machine engineering, sales, procurement, project and automation as well as external sub-suppliers. It is your role/responsibility to transform communication, Design Criteria, techniques and knowledge to produce high quality Product Flow Diagrams, layouts and technical specifications giving the customer an overview of their wishes to the upcoming project execution. You will work both in house and outbound as well as extremely process oriented – and work on multiple projects of varying nature in terms of complexity and duration.
You have a relevant background as a mechanical engineer, a chemical engineer (process) or as a production technologist (design) with relevant experience and technical courses /education. You are motivated by being responsible, by developing process lines design in PFD, 3-D layouts satisfying the customers’ demands. Preferably you have already gained working experience from process engineering, plant design, project work or similar, but candidates who just finalized education are also of our interest as we will provide the needed training.
- To take active part in projects development from the initial scoping/sales phase and until hand over to project execution
- To calculate and dimension machines, equipment and process lines
- To design and develop PFD’s Motor Component Lists and P&ID’s in COMOS
- To setup technical data for the objects in COMOS
- To design and develop 3D plant design arrangement drawings in Inventor
- Generate 2D documentation. E.g. Layouts, Hole and load plans
- To design, develop and release/maintain technical specifications used during the whole project life cycle
- To build Process knowledge for feed and biofuel process lines
- To have a strong knowledge of technical standards and regulations
- To interact with AFB customer’s technical interfaces and to offer technical consulting capabilities and hereby insuring that technical expectations are fulfilled
As a person you work systematic and structured, are good in maintaining the overview and you have a “strong sense of urgency” including the ability to transfer knowledge from customer demands to the development of the production facilities you are to design. You are motivated by working with versatile projects and possess the ability to transform needs and requirement into process lines and plant.
Furthermore you are:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Are able to overview from initial idea and basic design Criteria to final engineering results
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Good team working skills and comfortable in a dynamic and international environment
- Customer orientated
- Good commutative skills
- Ability to travel 30 – 40 days on a yearly basis
- High proficiency in English both in writing and speaking
The position is placed with ANDRITZ Feed & Biofuel in in Esbjerg / Denmark with the possibility to work partly out of our new satellite office in Vejle / Denmark.
You will become part of an international company and from day one you will be challenged both technically and personally. You will work alongside with skilled and highly qualified colleagues across the company both nationally and internationally.
If you would like to know more about the job, please do not hesitate to contact Manager of Project Management Office Europe , Steen Rasmussen by phone +45 2260 8360. We will process applications as they come in and we look forward to receiving your application and CV no later than October 25, 2016 via job.denmark@ANDRITZ.com – indicate “Plant Design Engineer” in the subject field, and also note where you have seen the job advertisement.
The ANDRITZ GROUP is world leader in specially designed plants, systems and service for hydropower, cellulose and paper, as well as steel and other specialized industries such as solid/liquid filtration and the feed and biofuel industry. The group develops and produces its high-tech systems in more than 220 production, service and sales locations world-wide. The group headquarters in Graz, Austria, and has a global staff of approx. 24.000 people. ANDRITZ is an international company and employs people with different background and nationality, which are considered an asset in the daily work and for the company in general.
In Denmark, the company is represented by ANDRITZ Feed & Biofuel A/S. ANDRITZ Feed & Biofuel A/S is one of the world’s leading suppliers of industrial plants, technologies, systems and service of advanced industrial equipment. In Denmark ANDRITZ is located in Esbjerg. This is the main office of the business area, which concerns itself with the feed and biofuel industry. The common denominator for these two areas is the pelletizing technology. The biofuel area focuses on green energy by developing technology and equipment for pelleting of wood and waste, whilst the purpose of our machinery and equipment for the feed industry is to ensure highest possible quality in the production of feed pellets for cattle, fish and shellfish, and domestic animals.
140 people are employed in Esbjerg; associated to the business area there are also offices in a series of countries, which globally counts 900 employees. You can learn more about ANDRITZ at www.ANDRITZ.com.