Senior Research Scientist
We are looking for a dedicated Senior Research Scientist for our Microbial Analysis Department within the R&D organization in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Chr. Hansen is a world leading company which develops and manufactures microbial culture and enzyme-based products for the food and health & nutrition industries. The Microbial Analysis Department is part of the central R&D organization “R&D Microbial Platform” where we play a central role in projects and activities related to new product and new process development.
The main focus of the department is to develop and validate new methods as well as perform analyses for culture and product performance and purity. You will become part of a busy department where we help each other, aim for scientific excellence, and provide high value to our customers.
The department is expanding and is therefore looking for an independent and highly skilled scientist for the area of microbial method development and validation for probiotic products for the dietary supplement, pharmaceutical and special nutrition industries.
Within the area of method development and validation your main tasks will be:
- Validation and documentation of methods for probiotic products according to GMP
- Develop microbial methods primarily for enumeration of bacteria
- Qualification of equipment
- Plan, coordinate and supervise experiments
- Contribute to larger projects as well as ad hoc tasks
- Work with stakeholders throughout Chr. Hansen to ensure high quality microbial analysis for all our products
Your personal profile
- The position is open for experienced scientists with a strong track record
- You have expert knowledge of microbiology
- Your experience includes analysis of organisms relevant for the probiotic industry
- You have experience with methods for analysis of microbial contaminants
- You have experience with quality assurance, handling of deviations and GMP
- You may have experience with automation of methods and/or novel methods for enumeration of microorganisms
- You have a strong theoretical background, preferentially a PhD, but also significant experience from working in the laboratory
- Able to structure many tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the Microbial Analysis department.
If you have any questions, please contact Birgitte Wittschieben, Senior Director Analytics+45 4574 7349 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 30 October 2016. Interviews will be held successively as we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. Products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2012/13 financial year was EUR 738 million. The Company holds a leading market position in all its divisions: Cultures & Enzymes, Health & Nutrition and Natural Colors. It has more than 2,500 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, the US and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen.