COO - Chief Operating Officer
Result-oriented, high drive and a will to succeed with an online business
About The Job
The COO will be second in command and work closely with the founder & CEO. The founder and CEO is also the owner of MovieStarPlanet ApS. Where the CEO will focus on company & product strategy and external relations, the COO will be responsible for the operational execution of the company and be in charge of all operational units.
The COO will coordinate the management team consisting of CFO, CMO, CPO and CTO and will have each as direct reports.
The COO will be responsible for the following areas:
- Marketing, Strategic partnerships & Ad sales
- Economy, Finance, Legal & Human Resources
- Support & Safety
- Technology & DevOps
- Development & Production
Major tasks include:
- Ensuring the commercial progress of the company, i.e. for sustaining the growth of our existing MovieStarPlanet business
- Launch and expansion of our new products titles RoboBlastPlanet, BooniePlanet, and more
- Develop organization and processes in order to match the current and future size (200-500 mio DKK revenues, 150-300 employees)
- Optimize operations to fully utilize company resources
- Ensure that the company is the most attractive place to work for the most talented people.
We are looking for a globally oriented, energetic, operationally oriented executive who has the capability to facilitate moving us to the next level.
Mandatory qualifications include:
- Documented experience and results in successfully leading an international online business at least spanning Europe and North America
- 10+ years of experience - preferably from the game or the media industry
- Intelligence and Analytical skills
- Ability to see “the devil in the details”
- Sense of urgency and a high drive
- Strong people skills - capability to attract, develop and retain top performing people
- Relevant commercial education
- Experience from an owner led company
The following will be considered extra qualifications:
- Commercial experience from the gaming industry
- Experience from social media
- Experience from the Asian market
MovieStarPlanet ApS is one of the most successful social networks for children age 8-13 in the world and a team with the ambition to create a Danish billion DKK business. Launched in Denmark in 2009, MovieStarPlanet ApS has since experienced explosive growth. Currently, the games are live in 16 countries across 11 European markets as well as the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
MovieStarPlanet ApS employs around 150 staff and is headquartered in the attractive surroundings of the new and modern part of Copenhagen called Ørestad, located very close to the city center and the metro line. Corporate language is English.
MovieStarPlanet ApS is the company behind the games and social networks for kids aged 8-13 years - MovieStarPlanet, BooniePlanet and RoboBlastPlanet. In the virtual worlds each user designs their own MovieStar avatar, Robot and Boonie, which are used to play the games, engage and have fun with other friends. In the games there is a wide spread of options to dress-up, chat with friends, design looks, making movies and scrapbooks, design clothes, building robots and play mini games.
Why Work With Us?
Touch the lives of millions of kids every day. You will get to be part of a fast growing company, producing one of the most popular games/social networks in the world for kids. Your colleagues are highly qualified, creative and friendly people. We are very ambitious and strive to connect kids in the best social network by developing and supporting the world´s most inspiring social network for kids by delivering safe digital entertainment for fun, creativity and sharing. We believe in learning by doing and taking ownership of tasks and projects so you will be given a lot of freedom and responsibility from day one!
MovieStarPlanet has more than 20 nationalities working with us, which provides a vibrant atmosphere. We value diversity and believe this contributes to a greater variety of viewpoints, a broader range of individual talents and professional experience. Passion for people and the products makes us an inspiring, fun, casual and challenging place to work and creates an environment where ideas can flourish.
‘Social’ is both what we do and who we are – so every week there is always a social event going on ranging from Friday bars to casual game nights to running clubs. We have a canteen in the building so lunch is served just downstairs and we offer free fruit and healthy snacks on a daily basis. For our future foreign colleagues it could be interesting to know that we offer 5 weeks of vacation for all nationalities (paid when earned), free child 1st sick day and the right to take up to 52 weeks of combined parental leave.
So if you want to work with passionate colleagues who care for kids and work hard every day to give them the best platform to have fun with their friends then MovieStarPlanet is the right place for you.
How to Apply
Please apply for this position online by clicking the "Apply for this position" button. Your application should contain the following:
- A cover letter - including a short description of your educational background, working experience and why you are motivated to work at MovieStarPlanet
- Your CV and exam results
Application deadline is as soon as possible. We will be holding interviews at the earliest convenience.