Manufacturing Planner and Purchaser
The Manufacturing Planner and Purchaser is responsible for our DIMS manufacturing planning and related purchase and supply activities covering both standard product and custom turnkey production lines using creativity and initiative to meet aggressive deadlines and cost budgets while focusing on process improvements.
- Maintain a production schedule to insure DIMS production in Denmark is satisfied.
- Estimate future capacity requirements and ensure product supply requirements are met.
- Process job orders in Epicor, including creating the job, entering labor, issuing material, and receiving job into finished goods inventory.
- Coordinate, as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes/developments between company activities and suppliers.
- Work with transportation companies to ensure the timely shipment and customer receipt of finished goods.
Purchase and Supplier Management
- Maintain a good vendor relationships that ensure best service and terms available.
- Ensure parts are brought in at the lowest possible cost, while constantly adhering to quality and delivery standards.
- Source suppliers and establish credit terms with them.
- Obtain quotes from suppliers for materials to be purchased, select the bid to be accepted and issue purchase orders.
- Expedite receipt of purchase goods as determined by production needs.
- Continually evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service, availability, and reliability.
Inventory and Warehouse Management
- Managing inventory to maximize inventory turns, minimize days-on-hand, and minimize write-offs.
- Recommend the replenishment of inventory as required by production schedules and/or customer orders while minimizing inventory, carrying cost and the use of premium transportation.
- Trouble shoot quantity discrepancies with production, shipping/receiving, and purchasing.
- Perform cycle counts and enter inventory and cycle count adjustments into the computer database.
- Participate in yearly physical inventory.
- Process Return Material Authorization (RMA).
Other tasks and responsibilities
- Other normal office and logistics duties.
- Project tasks as requested.
Education & Experience
- Education: Degree/Education in Production Management/Purchase.
- 1-3 years manufacturing/purchase planning experiences (small series)
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Skilled at solving practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Intermediate computer and ERP system skills (Module Purchase / Production). Working knowledge of Epicor preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level English skills.
Behavioral Competencies/Personal Traits
- Adapts well to changes in work environment and work assignments
- Strives for work to be neat, accurate and complete
- Works cooperatively with others
- Maintains priorities and adapts work style to business needs (Sense of urgency)
- Self-motivated, energetic
- Has a global world view
- Strong customer orientation
Reports to: Global DIMS Technology & Engineering and Global Operations
Location: Cold Jet Denmark Aps, Bramming