JGH Group has since 1999/2000 been engaged in shipbuilding, sales of vessels and marine equipment – in particular to Africa.
We are looking for a COO who can manage JGH MARINE operational activities to be situated in our head office in Copenhagen, with the following profile and work assignments:
- Responsible for staff in Denmark and in our local offices in East Africa
- Development and production
- Financial responsible for existing and future projects – both new buildings on other yards and new buildings on JGH operated yards
- Technical responsible for existing and future new buildings, rehabilitations and warranty obligations
- Budget preparation of bids for international tenders
- Review of specifications
- Travel activity approximately 100-120 days per year
- Ensuring the commercial progress of the company i.e. sustaining the growth in existing and new markets
- To develop organization and processes in order to match the current and future size (DKK 150-300 million revenues)
- Maintaining our present market leader in East Africa and expanding into other markets in Africa
The minimum requirements for the applicant are:
- Preferably experience with preparation of bids for international tenders
- English proficiency and preferably French at negotiation level
- Overview and self-discipline
- Good at teamwork and has ability to meet deadlines
- High self-motivation
- Strong people skills – capability to attract, develop and retain top performing people
- Relevant education on minimum BA level or similar technical level
- Experience from an owner led company
We envision a candidate with extensive experience in management of production companies or building projects, in Africa or Asia, and who finds it a challenge to work in Africa.
JGH Marine A/S is a company within JGH Group, which has been engaged in international trade since 1959.
JGH Marine A/S has been engaged in buildings of and trade with smaller types of vessels such as ferries, dredgers, barges, pilot boats, patrol boats in steel, aluminum and glass fiber, OPV vessels and other special designed vessels and containers.
We have, besides our headquarter in Copenhagen, a regional office in Nairobi, Kenya and shipyards/construction sites in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, Congo and Malawi.
If the job has your interest, please send your application and CV to the following address: JGH Marine A/S, Bergensgade 10, 2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark, marked ”COO/Director Africa” and Att: Mette Borring. You can also send it by mail to: email@example.com