Bioneer:FARMA seeks a new research scientist who can advance the development of novel drug development platforms.
Bioneer:FARMA, the drug development business unit of Bioneer A/S, seeks a scientist with a strong background in pharmaceutical science and formulation and with a documented interest in physico-chemical characterization of small molecules, peptides and proteins.
Bioneer is a Danish provider of advanced R&D-based services to the pharma, biotech, ingredients and medico industries. Bioneer is owned by The Technical University of Denmark and is approved by the Danish Ministry of Science and Education as an Advanced Technology service provider (Godkendt Teknologisk Service, GTS). Bioneer employs 45 dedicated scientists and technicians and strives to create value for clients and collaborators in four different service areas.
Bioneer:FARMA’s research based services comprise drug characterization, pre-formulation, drug formulation, gastro-intestinal simulation of drug release and stability, drug transport and absorption. Bioneer:FARMA documents properties of small molecules, proteins and peptides and contributes to advance lead compounds and formulations to the clinical stage. Bioneer:FARMA is located at the Department of Pharmacy, University of Copenhagen
On an annual basis Bioneer:FARMA handles many different assignments for clients. The main responsibility of the candidate will be to:
- Characterize physico-chemical properties of small molecules, peptides and proteins.
- Analyze and contribute to development of new formulations for such molecules.
- Develop analytical methods and perform characterization of lead compounds w/wo formulations.
- Contribute to documentation of stability, release and transport profiles of drug candidates and formulations using Bioneer:FARMA’s portfolio of laboratory-based in vitro models simulating the gastro-intestinal tract.
- Contribute to Bioneer:FARMA’s internal R&D-based service development programs.
- Participate in technical and business oriented meetings with clients.
- Design cost efficient client projects.
- Document and report results to clients.
Candidates with at least post doc. level experience from the university or some years of hands-on experience from the pharmaceutical industry or related industries are preferred. Experience from a CRO will be a plus.
The ideal candidate can document hands-on experience with pharmaceutical methods used for characterizing drug molecules and formulations. The candidate masters a number of different analytical methods used for analyzing small molecules, peptides and proteins, including spectroscopical methods such as IR, NIR and Raman. Furthermore, the candidate has experience with development of drug formulations.
We expect that you are a team player with a good overview and have the ability to prioritize when you are busy.
Preferably you speak Danish or can understand Danish at a high level. It is a requirement that you can demonstrate good writing and oral communication skills in English.
If you would like to know more about the position, please contact Anette Müllertz, Head of Bioneer:FARMA Science (Phone number +45 20620154) or Preben Houlberg Olesen, Head of Bioeener:FARMA Operations (+45 29164264).
Please submit your application to Bioneer A/S, Kogle Allé 2, 2970 Hørsholm by emailing a PDF-file to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your application ”Pharmaceutical scientist” in the subject field. Respond no later than December 9th, 2016.