Buyer for Man Diesel & Turbo
We are looking for the best purchasing colleagues for our office in Copenhagen, who will work operatively with our different purchasing activities.
MAN Diesel & Turbo has recently centralized our purchasing functions, and we are therefore looking for new purchasing colleagues, who will support the growing purchasing department in Copenhagen. This means that you will work operatively within different purchasing activities such as contract negotiations, cost reduction, workflow tasks in purchasing systems etc.
The purchasing department is a strategically prioritized unit placed organizationally close to the top management of the group, and you will be close to the decisions and to your colleagues on other sites.
The focus and prioritization from top management makes our daily work even more exciting and challenging, and if you want to ensure that quality, capacity and price all come together through a sound business practice, you now have the opportunity of becoming part of our international team consisting of buyers and strategic buyers supporting our global spare parts business from Copenhagen.
Two-stroke diesel engines that use the least possible fuel and emit the fewest possible harmful particles. We design, develop, test and service them. You will find our engines and solutions on large ships sailing the world; from Aruba to Zanzibar.
- Manage workflow related tasks in our purchasing systems
- Support the strategic development within a defined product group in alignment with the overall purchase strategy
- Participating in implementing dedicated saving projects and strive for cost reduction
- Market and supplier analysis and research
- Conduct and lead contract negotiations
- Conduct and lead price negotiations / agreements
- Participate in supplier development
- Experience from a similar position and industry is a clear advantage
- A relevant technical/commercial education is a plus
- Technical flair is a requirement
- As a person you are proactive and able to stay focused in a hectic environment
- You are result-oriented and always strive to find the best solution to the specific problem
- You have the desire to develop your professional purchasing skills
- It is easy for you to build up and maintain relationships based on trust and credibility
- You thrive in a dynamic environment, where each day offers a new challenge
- You are a strong team-player with the ability to work independent
- English at negotiation level both written and spoken
- German knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office package and SAP
- Exciting challenges and international career opportunities in an innovative, global company at the leading edge of marine and power-plant technology
- Insight and influence in a large organization, where you are close to the decision-makers
- Our working environment is open and inspiring with supportive colleagues in a company with a proud history and a bright future
Application and contract:
CV and other relevant documents must be sent electronically through the link “Aooly here” no later than 11th of December 2016. Interviews will be conducted during the application period.
We look forward hearing more from you and about you.