Pharmacokineticist, Translational Medicine
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
Would you like to join us in a challenging position as Pharmacokineticist within Translational Medicine?
In Translational Medicine we are responsible for the planning, design and execution of Phase I-II activities including pharmacokinetics (PK) analyses and reports. We work across all therapeutic areas in close collaboration with other internal functions and external collaborators.
The work in our department is carried out in the mindset of the Ferring Philosophy; trust, integrity, commitment and openness. This means that our leadership philosophy can be illustrated by great enthusiasm that contributes to the management and continuous development of Translational Medicine, its employees, Ferring’s products and business processes.
You will provide PK and clinical pharmacology to support Ferring development projects.
As such, you can expect the main functional tasks to be:
- Planning, design and implementation of pharmacokinetics studies, including PK/PD parts in clinical study protocols
- Plan, perform and report PK data analysis of human data (all phases in global development programs)
- Contribute to plans and strategies related to PK and Clinical Pharmacology aspects of development
- Ad hoc PK support to other functions and regions as applicable
- Keep abreast with regulatory guidelines relevant to clinical pharmacology studies
- Provide PK/Clinical Pharmacology input to Ferring’s therapeutic areas and into regulatory activities (submissions, meetings, queries)
- Represent the line function in various teams and in connection with scientific, clinical and regulatory activities
As this position is a key function within Translational Medicine in Ferring Pharmaceuticals we expect the professional expertise and enthusiasm from a scientist with credentials matching the following parameters:
- A university degree such as pharmacist, or a degree within biosciences and a strong scientific profile preferably a PhD with a solid basis in pharmacokinetics and data analysis
- We also expect you to have at least five years experience from the pharmaceutical industry and a genuine understanding and experience of regulatory guidelines and interactions with regulatory authorities
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with internal and external team members and across all functional groups, considering multiple solutions to problems and supporting team decisions
- Action-orientated and goal seeking
- Focused and quality-minded
- First class communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and fluency in English with good verbal and written communication skills is a given
Further information about the position can be obtained by Associate Vice President Lars Grundemar M.D., Ph.D. and Professor via +4528787464 or at email@example.com. Your application and CV in English should be sent as soon as possible but no later than 31 December 2016, as we will be reviewing incoming applications on an on-going basis.