Scientist - heterologous gene expression
The Enzymes Innovation department in Chr. Hansen in Hørsholm is expanding in order to be ready for the future. Within the department we have a strong background in protein chemistry and enzymology. We cover all aspects of Enzyme R&D. We screen for new enzymes but we also support our current enzyme business. The daily work covers all aspects of enzymes, ranging from molecular biology towards biochemistry.
We are looking for an experienced scientist with a strong background in heterologous gene expression/enzyme production in microorganisms.
Within Enzymes Innovation you will be working in a team that works on developing new enzymes. In this small team you will be involved in new enzyme development projects from the first screening to the introduction of the final production strain in the factory. Your expertise will be essential to turn a good lead into a final product
You will be able to see the results of your work in our factories, in new products and in the close interaction with colleagues all over Chr. Hansen.
Your personal profile
- You hold a PhD in molecular microbiology or a related area
- You have extensive experience in (one of the) fields of:
- Enzyme production by microorganisms
- Heterologous in one or preferably more industrial microorganisms (Bacillus, Aspergillus yeasts etc)
- Experience with working with external partners
- You are used to work independently while being part of a team
- You are able and willing to be the key-driver of this area of expertise in Chr. Hansen
- High energy level and are willing to take responsibility for more than just your assigned tasks
- You find it important to be part of a team and are willing to put an effort in maintaining a good working environment based on both respect and fun
A job in a highly energetic team where many tasks are solved in collaboration. We focus on being good colleagues and on maintaining a great team-spirit. You will experience a daily work life where you will experience a direct influence on Chr. Hansen´s business; you will be much more than just another part of the machine.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Hans van den Brink, Senior Department Manager Enzymes, at telephone +45 4574 8455.
Please apply online. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 24 December 2016.
Applications from candidates without a PhD degree will not be taken into consideration.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. Products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2012/13 financial year was EUR 738 million. The Company holds a leading market position in all its divisions: Cultures & Enzymes, Health & Nutrition and Natural Colors. It has more than 2,500 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, the US and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen.