Business and Sales Development Leader – Pharma Business
Unilabs is now searching for a Business and Sales Development Leader for Pharma Business at our company Center of Excellence in Copenhagen.
Unilabs is a leading diagnostics company with one of the most extensive geographic coverages in Europe with presence in: Denmark, Finland, France, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
The Unilabs group employs more than 5,000 employees, from which 300 medical doctors. The company has it’s headquarter in Switzerland and is owned by Nordic Capital.
Unilabs offers a wide range of services which integrates laboratory medicine, medical imaging, histopathology, reproductive medicine, and drug development services. Unilabs customers include public and private healthcare providers, county councils, the general public, insurance companies, the pharmaceutical industry and CROs. The company operates a healthy growing business with sales amounted €673M in 2015 with an EBITDA of €115M.
Unilabs A/S is located in Copenhagen and has approximately 70 employees. The Danish entity is servicing costumers in Health Care and Pharmaceutical market. The business in the healthcare market delivers esoteric tests to public hospitals in Denmark (domestic business) and international customers from hospital and health care clinics in the Middle East and South America (international business). The business in the pharmaceutical market provides bioanalytical services and support for clinical development studies sponsored by local and global pharma clients. Unilabs A/S had sales of DKK 108M in 2015 with and EBIDA of DDK 27M. Current business is split in 47% Health Care (30% domestic, 17% international) and 53% Pharmaceutical.
Mission and Values
The company’s mission is to ensure that millions of people receive the right treatment at the right time. At Unilabs, they provide more than merely tests and examinations. Every year, they perform more than 86 million diagnostic tests that answer health-related questions for millions of people.
Their scientists counsel healthcare professionals and guide them through analysis selection. Unilabs aspiration is to be a leader in diagnostics, which has been captured in the following:
Mission: To be at the heart and start of all effective treatment decisions
Motto: We give you answers that help give care
Mantra: Care Big
This role is a new opportunity within Unilabs a.s., Denmark. The BD and Sales leader will operate as key driver for building a joint sales organization and the development of joint sales approach for Unilabs Pharma Business within Drug Development and Companion Diagnostic testing. The individual will be leading activities for analysis of market space, developing sales development strategies generating net new revenue streams through challenging the status quo to win new segments within existing accounts and establish business with new accounts and segments. The role will be a key player in a team of business developers, based both locally and in other Centers of Excellence for Unilabs Pharma Business (UK and Sweden). The role will also be a key participant in efforts for increased coordination with business development leaders in other unites of Unilabs Group performing pharma related sales efforts. The individual will be reporting to the Managing Director/CEO of Unilabs A/S, and the role will be part of a continuous process for refining and extending Unilabs strategies for the Pharma Business area.
- Build and maintain relationships with key accounts and key influencers and manage peer-to-peer relationships
- Create and build business development strategies and sales processes based on market research and client feedback in close collaboration with Managing Director, Unilabs a.s. and other Pharma Business Leaders
- Prepare and lead in-depth interactions with costumers and stakeholders, focusing on influencers, decision makers, functional manager and scientists
- Walk in costumers shoos and understand their needs and key drivers and utilize this information to customize sales process in all levels of organization
- Identify account opportunities, develop account plans and tactics, and execute against these to achieve sales quotas
- Drive collection of market and competitive intel and leverage all Unilabs Pharma Business resources (Executives, SME´s and supporting business units) to assist in building costumer relationships
- Participate in corporate initiatives and work groups for coordination of sales efforts and leveraging of learning’s across markets in the Unilabs group
Educational and skills required:
- Relevant experience in the pharma/CRO/diagnostics field
- Relevant scientific degree, management courses are beneficial but not essential
- 5+ year experience in account management or sales/business development from CRO or diagnostic/laboratory services, or similar experience from clinical development/service outsourcing management in Pharma
- Experience with development of segment specific go-to-market strategies and messaging
- Ability to work autonomously to manage accounts and practice high level of business integrity
- Proven track record of complex b-2-b selling where influencers and decision makers are not clearly/informally defined
- An acknowledged high performer in his/her current business
- Strong presentation capabilities
- Travel 50% within region (Europe)
- Danish and English language at presentation and negotiation level
- Proactive and energetic
- Positive mind and good team player
- Result oriented and like challenges
- Ability to motivate a team and communicate objectives clearly
- Business acumen
- Ability to build relations and cooperate across internal organizations and externally
- An interest for innovation
- Hands on approach
- Active and engaged in prompt execution for activities
- Well-structured, focused and ability to set clear priorities
How to apply
Please mark your application “Business and Sales Development Leader” and send it to Linnea.Langvad@unilabs.com. If you have questions, please contact Jakob Gjørret at +45 3025 9009.