Medical Director Therapeutic Area Urology
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the therapeutic areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Medical Director in global clinical R&D, Science and Medicine dept, therapeutic area Urology, where you will be part of a team playing a key role in Ferring’s global drug development.
The Science and Medicine department is newly established and covers the therapeutic areas: Women’s Health, Gastroenterology; and Urology. The department has the overall responsibility for R&D clinical development strategies and medical expertise within these therapeutic areas.
Reporting to the Vice President of the therapeutic area Urology you will provide scientific and medical expertise to the teams, and provide support on Urology projects at all stages of development. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Preparation of the clinical development plans, medical input to Investigator’s Brochures, protocols, study reports, and the clinical overview and summaries of the regulatory dossier, as well as data-mining and analysis of data for clinical reports, abstracts and publications
- Medical monitoring in clinical trials, manage data safety monitoring boards and develop risk management plan for projects in collaboration with Global Pharmacovigilance
- Medical evaluation of in-licensing opportunities in the therapeutic area. Perform due diligence assessments and reports
- Ensure compliance with Good Clinical Practice and that all SOPs are followed and regulatory requirements are adhered to
- Maintain relationships with external specialists and external scientific and regulatory bodies
- Up to date knowledge within the therapeutic area and transmit this knowledge to the rest of the department and organisation
We expect you to be a Medical Doctor preferably with a PhD or an advanced science degree and possibly with experience working with the Pharmaceutical Industry. You should have a knowledge and understanding of clinical research. The candidate should also preferable have experience within the areas of Urology, Uro-oncology or Endocrinology.
As a successful candidate we expect you to be innovative, flexible and result-oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills. Furthermore it’s essential that you are a self-starter and are focused on deliver high quality. You thrive on working very independently with large tasks, but are also keen on maintaining a close collaboration with colleagues in the team and other departments in a multicultural environment in a changing and evolving company.
Finally, fluency in English both spoken and written is essential for this position.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting Vice President Anders Neijber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application and CV in English should be sent as soon as possible but no later than 15 January 2017, as we will be reviewing incoming applications on an on-going basis.