Fermentation specialist for process optimisation
Chr. Hansen is the world’s leading supplier of bacteria for the dairy, meat and wine industry, as probiotics for humans and animals and for plant protection. One of the key ingredients in our success is the continuous improvement of our production processes and the scalability between our different production plants.
In Process Technology we work with every step of our different production processes to identify, test and implement optimised solutions for our production. We work with incremental process improvement and also develop, test and implement radical new production processes and we support our global production teams on technical challenges.
As a part of the Innovation organisation we have access to state of the art small scale and pilot scale equipment and support from specialised analytical departments. We have a close collaboration with Global Production Management, the local production teams, marketing, the application and analytical departments as well as with several universities.
For our team of skilled upstream and downstream scientist in the Process Technology Department, we are looking for a new dedicated and enthusiastic colleague. The challenges with fermentation optimisation will require interest and experience in the following areas: Fermentation, industrial bioprocessing, data mining and data structuring. In return we can offer very inspiring and skilled colleagues, challenging and very diverse tasks and a highly appreciated working environment.
This is an outstanding and unique technical position where your responsibilities will count:
- Optimizing existing production processes based on knowledge from production and experiments in small scale
- Identifying potential for optimizing fermentation processes via data mining and data structuring
- Testing new fermentation technologies in our own laboratory facilities and in collaboration with universities
- Assisting of global production sites with support on specific technical challenges.
- Implementation of the new processes in the production plants in close collaboration with colleagues in production and engineering functions
- Bridging fermentation influence on downstream processing and product performance
- Collaborate with analysis functions to optimize analytical methods and capacity
Your personal profile
- You hold a relevant PhD or M.Sc. degree I the field of biotechnology
- You have experience from industrial production, process development and/or fermentation optimization
- You have a flair for data mining and data structuring
- A good understanding of bioprocess engineering and industrial microbiology
- You have a strong personal drive and bring forth initiative and new ideas
If you have questions you are welcome to contact Anders Clausen at +45 6043 3467
Please apply online. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is 15 January 2016.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen/career
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. Products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2012/13 financial year was EUR 738 million. The Company holds a leading market position in all its divisions: Cultures & Enzymes, Health & Nutrition and Natural Colors. It has more than 2,500 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, the US and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on NASDAQ OMX Copenhagen.