Senior Medical Director, TA Reproductive Health
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopedics, we develop medicines on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated and experienced Medical Director in global Clinical R&D, Science and Medicine department, therapeutic area Reproductive Health, where you will be part of a team playing a key role in Ferring’s global drug development.
Ferring is a world leader in assisted reproductive technology (ART) for fertility treatment. Ferring’s ongoing research efforts in this area strive to meet the growing needs of patients as increasing numbers of couples seek help to conceive. Recently, Ferring received EU approval of a novel human recombinant follicle-stimulating hormone (Rekovelle®, follitropin delta).
The Science and Medicine department is newly established and covers the therapeutic areas: Reproductive Health, Gastroenterology; and Urology. The department has the overall responsibility for R&D clinical development strategies and medical expertise within these therapeutic areas.
Reporting to the Vice President of the therapeutic area Reproductive Health you will provide scientific and medical expertise to the teams, and provide support on Reproductive Health projects – especially with focus on Infertility - at all stages of development. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Scientific and medical evaluation of internal and external compounds for indications within Reproductive Health area, in particular infertility treatment. Medically responsible for scientific design of clinical studies mainly in the field of ART
- Preparation of Clinical Development Plans for approved internal projects
- Medical input to Investigator’s Brochures, study protocols, clinical trial data, study reports, and the clinical part of the dossier as well as liaison with the Pharmacovigilance group concerning medical-safety clinical trial aspects
- Scientific and medical input to research projects and in licensing evaluations
- Liaison with Regulatory and Marketing to ensure adequate input to their activities in commercially available and development projects
- Develop/maintain relationships with external experts in different indication areas within Reproductive Health
- Contribute within the therapeutic team to develop the strategic plans for Reproductive Health
Preferably you are a Medical Doctor and have experience in IVF-clinics. Ideally, you have worked in the pharmaceutical industry and have knowledge in clinical research and development, or medical affairs. You have also documented research experience, as shown by a PhD degree or publications in international journals.
As a successful candidate we expect you to be innovative, flexible and result-oriented. You have good communication skills and the ability to collaborate with other disciplines at all levels, both inside and outside the company. You are a focused, quality-minded and proactive problem solver and a strong team-player
You enjoy working within a multicultural team and contribute to a good working environment in the department.
Fluency in English with good verbal and written communication skills is a given.
Your stand place will be in Copenhagen.
Further information about the position can be obtained by contacting Vice President Henk Jan Out via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use button to the right to apply.
Your application and CV in English should be sent as soon as possible but no later than 15 January 2017, as we will be reviewing incoming applications on an on-going basis.