Dutch Speaking Product Safety Expert
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 112,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
In local Product Safety we ensure that the requirements of chemical legislation for selling our products are fulfilled. This includes Trade Control responsibility to prevent misuse of our products for illegal purposes. We are responsible for national product registration to authorities where required as well as national Safety Data Sheets. We also send information on request to Nordic Swan and other local organizations on behalf of our customers. To ensure compliance with national chemical legislations for the Benelux countries, we are now, for our Copenhagen team, looking for a Product Safety Expert.
What you can expect
As a Product Safety Expert based in Copenhagen, you will be part of the Product Safety team for UK/Ireland, Nordic/Baltic and Benelux, who ensures, that sales & marketing of our chemical products comply with national chemical legislation within these countries. We are a diverse team and we have close interaction within the team as well as with our colleagues and customers.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring and reporting national chemical and trade control legislation for Benelux.
- Ensure compliance with legal chemical reporting regarding marketing of our products for the Benelux countries.
- Handle customer enquiries.
You must be prepared to cover for colleagues when needed and be flexible as the tasks in this position may be adjusted due to change in legislation.
What we expect
- You have a chemical background at master level (e.g. Master of Science or similar technical education).
- 2-3 years of experience from a similar position or within the chemistry area is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- As a person you are analytical, systematic, and able to work under minimum supervision.
- You are good at prioritizing your tasks and you have strong interpersonal skills.
- Fluency in Dutch is required as well as advanced proficiency in French and English.
- You are confident with MS Office and databases.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.