Strategy Manager – Temporary Position
TORM is presently looking for an ambitious and dynamic Strategy Manager who can participate in and drive various corporate finance and/or strategy projects. The team is currently short staffed and are seeking an interim resource to assist with the daily work until October 2017. It is important that the candidate can start immediately and deliver results from day one. The position offers a unique opportunity to develop your project management skills in an inspiring and performance oriented work environment.
The Corporate Finance & Strategy team is responsible for larger financial and strategic projects and TORM´s long-term financial forecasts. The team works to provide high quality strategic and financial sparring to TORM’s Board of Directors and Senior Management Team in order to secure ongoing focus on the strategic and financial effects of commercial decisions. Depending on the individual project, the team also leads or participates in larger financial and capital structure projects, such as a potential US listing or different M&A cases.
As Strategy Manager, you will report to the Head of Corporate Finance & Strategy that is part of the Finance Division. You will be based in TORM's office in Hellerup. Travel activity is not expected in connection with the position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participation in various strategic project groups
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and presentations for the Board, top management, technical and commercial departments
- Planning of presentations/work-shops covering key strategic areas
- Planning and execution of internal and external projects on key strategic subjects
We are looking for an ambitious person with minimum two years of relevant work experience who thrives in a busy and exiting work environment. You have a financial mindset, and preferably experience from a strategic consultant firm or an in-house strategic department. Alternatively, you have another background and want to use the interim position to test if a strategic position is your new path.
Furthermore, you have/are:
- Relevant theoretical background on a bachelor or master level, such as M.Sc. in Business Administration
- An analytical mindset and ability to present analysis and solutions to complex problems in a short and precise manner
- Experience with project management and execution
- Strong focus on quality, delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- Experience with developing and implementing conceptual strategic themes
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- You are a strong user of Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
We offer a contract on local Danish terms, a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including bonus, pension and health insurance. Some overtime during peak periods can be expected.
For further information about the position, please call Head of Corporate Finance & Strategy, Morten Agdrup (+45) 3917 9249 or HR Manager, Carina Cappelen (+45) 3917 9384.
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible and no later than 23 January. Applications are evaluated continuously and interviews will take place as soon as possible. Your application will be treated with confidence and our reply will be sent to the e-mail address from which you submitted your application.
The people of TORM are our real asset and we believe in ensuring the best possible working environment, both at sea and ashore. In TORM, we enjoy working together in a professional, international and informal working atmosphere. We pride ourselves in providing an environment that encourages professional and personal development and gives room for ambition. The people of TORM are different nationalities, age and gender, and TORM supports equal rights for all employees.
TORM is one of the world’s leading carriers of refined oil. The Company runs a fleet of approximately 80 vessels. With activities worldwide, TORM is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. TORM’s offices are located in Copenhagen, Houston, London, Manila, Mumbai and Singapore. For further information, please visit www.torm.com