Nordic Disease Area Lead
Great opportunity to join a Global Pharmaceutical company as Nordic Disease Area Lead.
Your new company
Novartis is a global healthcare company, based in Switzerland, which provides solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide. Novartis is characterised by a deep passion for developing and marketing new products that contribute to human progress through advances in science and health. Novartis focuses its innovation prowess on addressing the unmet needs of patients worldwide.
Your new role
On behalf of our client Novartis, Hays is looking for a Nordic Disease Area Lead. The purpose of the Nordic Disease Area Lead (DAL) Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) role is accountable for development, adaptation and implementation of global marketing and portfolio strategy for a disease area(s) and/or a range of products and indications on a local level. The Disease Area Lead provides effective cross-functional leadership and is accountable for optimization of profitability, sales, market share and revenue growth in the short and long term.
Development & implementation of strategic and tactical plans:
- As Disease Area Team (DAT) leader be responsible for the development and implementation of effective strategic and tactical marketing plans for allocated product(s) across the country in line with Novartis Oncology strategies
- To adapt global promotional and campaign material to local needs and standards as well as producing local promotional material
- To lead and secure appropriate targeting, positioning and messaging across all customer segments as well as identify opportunities for life cycle management
- To manage and control local product performance and allocate resources according to set objectives and to adjust tactical plans accordingly
- To effectively promote the product(s) within the organization
- To proactively and closely monitor local competitor activities as well as therapeutic trends and rising opportunities in the market
- To actively and continuously provide input on supply requirements to the logistics department
- To build strong relationships with relevant colleagues from RE and the global functions
- Customer interaction:
- To develop and maintain strong working relationships with key opinion leaders and decision makers
- Frequent interaction with customers – gathering insights and emerging needs to create innovative business opportunities and improve tactical plan
- To develop value propositions based on insights to support pricing and market access strategy across customer groups
- To lead the cross-functional DAT team (development and execution of product plans, defining new business opportunities, etc.) and establish close co-operation with Market Access, Medical, Patient Access and HE & Pricing in the development and implementation of product(s) strategies and tactics
- To ensure most effective use of resource allocation
- Secure monthly follow up and spending according to plan
- To lead or participate in organizing activities related to key national and international congresses and meetings
- To develop and continuously update own, field force and Market Access´ knowledge regarding therapies, allocated products and markets
- To secure adherence to company policies and guidelines
- To ensure that all AEs are brought to attention to the DS&E department within 24 H after receipt
- To support and develop a performance based culture that values and recognizes a clear focus on delivering superior patient outcomes
What you'll need to succeed
- University Degree in Sciences and/or in Business Administration
- Local language & English: very good written & spoken
- Brand Manager and operational marketing and/or sales Management experience
- Previous experience from cross-functional leadership/membership
We will be conducting ongoing interviews so please apply now, or contact us for further information. To apply, please click on the tab below and attach your CV and a brief application in ONE document.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Business Director Morten Andersen at +45 2238 8830, or Recruitment Consultant Mikkel Kristiansen at +45 29 3688 24.
Hays Denmark is part of Hays Plc, which is listed on London Stock Exchange (FTSE 250). Hays Plc is the world's leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled work.
We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. We are market leaders in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. As of September 2011, the Group employed 7,600 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms.
Our combination of deep expertise across a wide spectrum of specialised industries and professions makes us unparalleled recruiters in the world of work.
Hays Specialist Recruitment A/S has operated in Denmark since 2008. We specialise in following areas of specialism: Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, HR, Insurance, IT, Legal, Logistics, Life Sciences and Sales & Marketing. For more information see www.hays.dk