Health Economics and Outcomes Research Manager
Are you an expert in health economics? This is a unique opportunity in a Global Pharmaceutical company.
Your new company
Novartis is a global healthcare company, based in Switzerland, which provides solutions to address the evolving needs of patients worldwide. Novartis is characterised by a deep passion for developing and marketing new products that contribute to human progress through advances in science and health. Novartis focuses its innovation prowess on addressing the unmet needs of patients worldwide. In Denmark, Novartis is headquartered in new offices in Ørestaden and employs approximately 350 people nationwide.
Your new role
On behalf of our client Novartis, Hays is looking for a HEOR Manager. The Health Economics and Outcomes Research Manager ensures access to patients by delivering relevant health economic data, data analysis and budget impact tools to meet reimbursement authorities/HTA bodies requirements.
The HEOR Manager takes strategic and operational responsibility for preparation and submission of reimbursement dossiers and builds sustainable relationships with P&R authorities and influencers impacting the patient access nationally. He/she possess a deep understanding of Pharma products societal and economic impact, and is able to engage in trust based conversations with health care decision makers, regulators and opinion leaders. He/she supports the development of innovative engagement tools, outcome research and data analysis. Overall responsibilities are to help minimize market access hurdles and to ensure that our most important brands are funded/reimbursed.
- He/she is a local expert in health economics and is responsible for development and submission of reimbursement/funding applications, based on payer insights and in co-operation with Head Market Access.
- Responsible for adaptation of global health economics models and for obtaining appropriate data inputs to accurately populated the models to reflect local environments.
- Responsible to compile clinical and health economic evidence to demonstrate the value of our compounds in order to achieve, or maintain reimbursement/funding.
- Responsible for generation of local health economic value propositions to secure optimal market uptake of our launched and key mature brands.
- He/she develops evidence and innovative tools such as interactive budget impact models, publications and other communication material to engage with external stakeholders.
- He/she proactively contributes to build a payer insights platform by engaging customer on advisory boards and networks in collaboration with the cross-functional brand team.
- Responsible for proactively supporting the cross-functional brand teams in strategic and tactical planning of health economic research activities and resolution of complex issues, which may impact market access decisions and evidence for products.
- Acts in the core of the cross-functional team in overall business development through competitive intelligence and innovative thinking on market access related issues.
- Contribute to the identification of future competitive scenarios and communicates them to be included as early input in development and commercial planning, clinical programs and studies design.
- He/she develop strategies and tactics for health economic analyses for products and link country pricing strategy to health economic evidence, including pricing and P&R targets, through broad outreach to internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for analyzing payer requirements and business opportunities deriving from RWE, registries and phase IV studies.
- Proactive ownership and engagement with internal and external stakeholders in collaborative production and publishing of RWE in order to maximize patient access and uptake.
What you'll need to succeed
- University degree in economics, business, science, or mathematics.
- Graduate or post-graduate specialization in health economics.
- Danish, fluently English, good written and spoken language.
- 3-5 year experience in health economics in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent understanding of health care environment, and experience in interactions with reimbursement agencies and other health care decision makers.
- Record of health economics publications (academic/governmental) desirable.
- Understanding of Pharma product P&R processes.
- Leadership/coaching experience preferred.
We will be conducting ongoing interviews so please apply now, or contact us for further information. To apply, please click on the tab below and attach your CV and a brief application in ONE document.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Business Director Morten Andersen at +45 2238 8830, or Recruitment Consultant Mikkel Kristiansen at +45 29 3688 24.
Hays Denmark is part of Hays Plc, which is listed on London Stock Exchange (FTSE 250). Hays Plc is the world's leading recruiting experts in qualified, professional and skilled work.
We operate across the private and public sectors, dealing in permanent positions, contract roles and temporary assignments. We are market leaders in the UK and Australia, and one of the market leaders in Continental Europe. As of September 2011, the Group employed 7,600 staff operating from 255 offices in 31 countries across 20 specialisms.
Our combination of deep expertise across a wide spectrum of specialised industries and professions makes us unparalleled recruiters in the world of work.
Hays Specialist Recruitment A/S has operated in Denmark since 2008. We specialise in following areas of specialism: Accountancy & Finance, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, HR, Insurance, IT, Legal, Logistics, Life Sciences and Sales & Marketing. For more information see www.hays.dk