Country Accountant Finland
Huntsman is currently recruiting for a Country Accountant Finland, who will be based from our state of the art offices at Wynyard, North East of England. The successful candidate will be a multi-lingual (Finnish & English) qualified Accountant for our Accounting Shared Services Centre (ASSC) in the United Kingdom.
This position will require the post holder to deliver financial and compliance based services to our internal customers to a high level of service whilst seeking to at all times to minimise the cost of service provision and add value to the business by sound tax and VAT management.
- Deliver financial and compliance based services to defined internal customers
- Optimise country level financial processes in line with global accounting requirements
- Manage relationships with external organisations (eg auditors and national fiscal bodies) and delivery of financial processes in line with regulatory requirements
- Co-ordinate all external audit activity for relevant legal entities in line with budgeted audit costs
- Ensure an adequate system of internal controls in compliance with SOX
- Ensure the interests of those legal entities under their control are fully understood and met
- Responsible for monitoring, coordinating and optimizing the work of direct reports
- Work closely with Support accountants, develop and maintain relationships with external authorities
- Support drive towards and implementation of global accounting processes
- Participate and contribute to key accounting system projects in Europe as key user
- Recruit, lead and motivate a team of Junior and Assistant Country Accountants to ensure high levels of customer service and compliance are achieved
- Deputise for Country Accountant Manager Level 1 for less complex entities and issues
Key candidate requirements:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting or Business
- Professionally qualified accountant ( ACA, ACCA, CPA, CIMA)
- Experience in project management and people management
- Strong technical accounting and compliance experience with exposure to multiple GAAP compliance e.g. IFRS, US GAAP and complex accounting issues
- At least 5 years experience in Accounting and General Ledger
- At least 3 years post professional qualification experience in process or manufacturing industry
- Minimum 3 years of experience of dealing with tax authorities
If you are interested in this career opportunity and would like to shape our and your future, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
Please submit your resume online.
Huntsman provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Accessibility: Huntsman is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact one of our offices near you. We will provide your assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Thank you for your interest in applying to Huntsman. We value diversity and encourage the very best candidates world-wide to apply.