Sr. Business Manager
Careers that Change Lives
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
We are looking for a Sr. Business Manager who can provide a strong role model personality and leadership in and cross country leverage within our CVG business/Coronary and Structural Heart (CSH). The key goal is to establish growth, plan and execute the strategic business plans in Nordic, Baltics and Poland (NBP). You will manage the challenging business and market development together with a strong international marketing and sales team. It´s expected that you are able to navigate in a complex and broad product portfolio with products at different stages.
CORONARY AND STRUCTURAL HEART (CSH) provides interventional devices to treat coronary arteries that are blocked by atherosclerotic plaque and devices and therapies to treat structural defects of the heart.
A Day in the Life of a Sr. Business Manager:
- Manage the short and long term profitability of the respective business across NBP
- Lead a strategic direction to the sales teams and ensure smooth collaboration with SHQ Business Units
- You will be full P&L responsible
- Deliver robust and comprehensive clinical, medical, regulatory, research and development, and health policy and reimbursement strategies
- Plan in collaboration with the local, SHQ, and SBU functions teams to develop the business in the appropriate markets
- Identify business growth opportunities and ensure an aligned strategy for customers and portfolio approach
- Develops/defines the yearly country Business Plan, sets challenging (Sales etc.) targets and objectives for sales representatives, technical consultants etc.
- Analyses market size, competitive market landscape and other information from all sources and develops strategies to improve sales, decrease cost levels and increase market share for all product lines
- You possess strong people management skills so you with confidence can set and communicates targets and objectives for each team member, make them feel as a team and deliver a above and beyond
- You will lead a small marketing team, with significant experience
Must Have – Minimum Requirements:
- Degree in Engineering, Life-science, Marketing, Business Administration or Biology or another relevant, advanced degree or significant successful experience
- We prefer if you have CVG experience
- Proven people Management skills
- Advanced selling techniques and selling strategies
- Marketing knowledge
- At least 5 years’ experience in the medical (device) industry
- Fluent in English
Required functional knowledge & skills:
- Proven ability to effectively operate and communicate in a matrix environment and work effectively with sales management, physician customers, and across district and organizational boundaries
- You have successful and proven track record with sales results, business planning analysis and strategic planning
- You are highly motivated and have a “can do” attitude with strongly influential management skills
- You are willing to travel 50 - 70% of time and live in NBP region, have a driver´s license.