See your software code sail the world’s seas
EIVA is a hardware and software engineering company providing solutions for the international maritime industry. Our customers specialise in renewable energy, oil and gas exploration, seabed-to-surface construction and services, and hydrographic surveys, just to mention a few of the industries they work in.
Our software suite, NaviSuite, is among the most high-end and most used ones in the industry, offering users a multi-purpose solution known for its versatility and efficiency. We’re seeing growing interest in NaviSuite and are consequently on the lookout for new crew members to join our team of software engineers in ensuring that our customers can successfully map oceans, discover forgotten mines and set up wind turbines at sea.
You’ll be working with…
- Software for surface and subsea positioning, manoeuvring and advanced 3D navigation
- 3D visualisation of dynamic and static data including vessels, drones, structures, and water column, seabed or sediment data
- Machine learning / deep learning
- Autonomous systems such as AUVs
- Computer vision
- Point cloud generation, editing and visualisation – via very large data sets
- Mesh networking
Maybe you have experience with these disciplines or some of them (which will gain you a plus in the margin of your CV), or maybe you just always wanted to work with them, with a strong interest as your ballast.
We know that we operate in a niche industry, so if you’re new to the maritime world, we’ll equip you with the necessary introduction before you’re thrown into the coding waters.
You will be an integrated part of our development team of software and survey engineers, working closely together with electronics engineers and mechanical engineers in our R&D department. This includes taking part in and impacting our day-to-day agile and scrum-inspired development roadmap.
The ideal candidate...
- Has a background as a software developer, holding a degree in computer science, software engineering or similar
- Has some experience with large software applications, and the ability to write comprehensible and robust code
- Is experienced in developing 3D software and strives to create efficient, user-friendly and reliable solutions
Strong English skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
The techniques you’ll be working with encompass…
- Microsoft .NET / Visual Studio
- High-end C# applications
- User interfaces in Forms and WPF
- Advanced 3D data visualisation using OpenGL
- Extensive data set terrain modelling and rendering
- Parallel data processing via for example GPU
- Automated test, UnitTest, data-/code-driven test
- Microsoft SQL and SQL Lite
- Technologies that we may not even know exist – show us how you can strengthen our software suite
You’ll be working out of EIVA’s offices in Stilling, Denmark – just one minute away from E45 and 20 minutes away from Aarhus.
When you’re part of the EIVA crew…
… you’re part of a company experiencing growth in terms of both product portfolio and staff. We have a very informal and open workplace culture where it is possible to make your mark if you see undiscovered opportunities.
We value proper balance between work and private life and offer various benefits such as a pension scheme, a canteen that no one leaves with an empty stomach, and many social events.
Ready to dive in?
If we have caught your attention, send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include ‘Software Engineer’ in the subject line of your email.
All applications will be handled with discretion. Interviews will be held immediately, with the new crew member starting as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact Software Manager Ole Kristensen at email@example.com.
Learn more about EIVA at eiva.com.