English Speaking Customer Service Agent - maternity cover
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 114,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
For BASF Coatings Services - Region North, a sales organisation with 130 dedicated employees and headquartered in Copenhagen, we are currently seeking a Customer Service Agent to provide sales support and process requests to our UK/Ireland markets.
We operate in the b2b market with sales of car paint (Glasurit og R-M) and related products and services for automotive refinish repair shops in the Nordic countries, UK & Ireland, Poland and the Baltics. We are among the leading players in the industry and in our local markets.
What you can expect
As Customer Service Agent for BASF Coatings Services your main responsibilities will be:
- Handle inbound and outbound enquiries.
- Process requests, monitor lab progress and record results.
- Manage orders, general administration and invoices.
- Complete and record customer care telephone calls to format agreed for specific third party service providers.
- Maintain customer prices, discounts and terms.
- Update customer database.
- Provide support to sales representatives and technicians in the field.
- Support sale with upsale/cross sale and service calls.
What we expect
- You are a team player and you possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- As part of a team you are a self-motivated, well-organised individual.
- 2 – 3 years of experience from a similar position.
- You are good at handling a busy schedule.
- You are able to adapt in a technical work driven environment.
- You are interested in the broad field of finance including invoicing.
- You are confident with MS Office and databases.
- Previous experience of SAP would be a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English.
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
This is a temporary position until end of June 2018, with possible extension.
Applications are processed continuously.