Research Scientist for Hydrocracking Development R&D - Maternity Cover for 12 months
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in the design of hydrotreaters and hydrocrackers for ultra-low sulphur diesel, and provides outstanding catalysts. Our business model is based on a thorough, fundamental understanding of all aspects of our technologies and we are known for providing highly qualified service for our clients.
We can offer you a challenging position as maternity cover for 12 months in an international company with a large and active R&D department that works closely with our process design, sales, marketing and production departments. You will be part of the R&D Refinery Technology department and will work project-oriented within the oil refining area.
Your main job objective will be to contribute to the enhancement and development of catalytic processes for refineries all over the world. This will be achieved in close collaboration with scientists, engineers, and technicians in an open and informal environment.
- plan, evaluate and report on pilot plant tests
- supervise test technicians in efficiently conducting high-quality pilot plant tests
- contribute to the development of hydrocracking catalysts and catalytic processes
- set up mathematical models for simulation tools
- develop general trends in our large database of pilot plant test results
- are committed, flexible and full of innovative ideas
- are curious, perseverant and have a good critical sense
- are pragmatic and results-oriented
- are able to work independently with the necessary sense of urgency
- have good communication skills and are able to interact with many different people
You have a degree in chemical engineering, physics or chemistry (MSc or PhD) or equivalent. Experience with petroleum chemistry and refining is an advantage. We encourage both recently graduated and experienced candidates to apply for this position, but please do not hesitate to apply if you will be graduating within the next few months. Good English skills, both spoken and written, are essential.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.
14 May 2017
Want to know more:
Rasmus G. Egeberg
+45 2275 4229