Senior Department Manager
We are looking for an ambitious Senior Department Manager to head our Identification Department within the R&D Department in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Chr. Hansen is a world leading company which develops and manufactures microbial culture and enzyme-based products for the food as well as health & nutrition industries. The Identification department is part of the new central R&D organization “R&D Microbial Platform”. You will become part of a busy Analytical function where we value strong team work, aim for scientific excellence, and provide high value to our customers.
The Department Manager will report to the Senior Director for Analytics, and will be part of a newly established management team. The manager will lead a growing team of highly skilled employees. Currently the department has 20 employees, with an almost equal distribution of technicians and scientists. The department is responsible for the Chr. Hansen strain collection and the scientific focus of the department is strain identification, and strain safety assessments.
The variety of strains of interest is rapidly increasing as Chr. Hansen expands in to new business areas such as Plant Health and Human Microbiome. Therefore, the Identification Department plays a central role in new product development and new process development as well as CMO projects and technology and competence development within the R&D Microbial Platform.
You will have the responsibility to ensure that the department provides modern quality methods and analyses to support other R&D departments as well as support to production and customers. Therefore a key task for the Department Manager is stakeholder management of the many collaborators throughout the rest of the organization. The Department Manager is also responsible for ensuring optimal utilization of resources by working with continuous improvements, and at the same time secure that methods and procedures are aligned with relevant requirements e.g. in international standards.
You will be responsible for development of employees and the future organization of the department and through your work in the management team you will be part of defining the future strategy for Analytics.
- Lead the team, manage task prioritization, and secure quality of methods and results
- Contribute to employee development through performance management
- Secure optimized resource planning and coordination
- Ensure a collaborative and safe working environment
- Be in charge of the department’s structure and strategy and follow up on Key Performance Indicators
- Work with stakeholders throughout Chr. Hansen to ensure alignment and efficient execution of projects
- Further develop the competences and capabilities of the team to meet future needs for microbial analyses in Chr. Hansen
Your personal profile
- Genuine interest in and significant experience with people management
- Advanced education within the natural sciences with experience within the area of Microbiology and/or Molecular Biology (preferably a Ph.D.)
- Preferentially experience with Identification and evaluation of microbial strains
- It would be an advantage to have experience from the food and/or pharma industry
- Solid planning capabilities and experience with resource management tools
- Interest in and experience with development of novel methods
- Experience with scouting for and implementation of new technology and robotics
- Preferentially practical experience with quality systems (ISO/GLP/GMP)
- Interest in working with LEAN optimization
- Ability to keep the overview and deliver results even when being under pressure
- Natural ability to form and maintain networks
- Proactive and focused on identifying opportunities and solutions
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will lead an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and be part of building a new management team and hence have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the R&D Microbial Platform.
If you have any questions, please contact Birgitte Wittschieben, Senior Director Analytics +45 4574 7349 or email@example.com.
Please apply on-line. Here you can also enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for applications is May 5th 2017. Interviews will be held throughout the application period and we therefore urge you to apply as soon as possible.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com