Ruminant Scientist for Animal Health Innovation
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Ruminant Scientist to join our Animal Health Innovation team in Headquarter in Hørsholm - Denmark.
The Animal Health group of Chr. Hansen offers documented and cost-effective microbial feed solutions to increase productivity in livestock farming while providing healthy economic returns to producers. We lead the industry in the selection, development, production and distribution of beneficial live microbials. The Innovation group is responsible for the development of new global products as well as for the commercial and technical sales support to the animal business currently focused on swine, poultry, cattle and silage. We employ microbiology, genomics, genetics, cell biology and molecular biology for isolation, identification, enumeration, selection and characterisation of probiotics and mode of action studies.
- Responsible for the research and development of new bacterial probiotic products including ideation, experimental design, implementation and oversight of research, data management and interpretation of results
- Provide commercial development and sales support for the global cattle and silage team with
- in vivo and in vitro trials as well as analytical evaluations for the development of new product concepts according to approved experimental protocols and in support of the objectives of the business plans
- Multiple research activities will be conducted simultaneously and will require task oriented skills and prioritization based on cross-platform collaboration
- Interact with leadership, sales and operation teams to assist in reaching business goals
- Write divulgation material of own/research groups research findings (publication in scientific journal as well as marketing material)
- Present data at group meetings and conferences and make data available for other colleagues
- Ensure availability of state-of-the-art information
Your personal profile
- Ph.D. in ruminant nutrition with a specific research focus on using silage inoculants or probiotics on ruminant nutrition and production
- Strong experience in working with bacterial cells, microbiology techniques and cell line models
- Experience in lab work related to rumen fermentation and pathogen inhibition
- Good understanding of silage making process, silage fermentation and inoculants (microbial solution)
- Previous expertise and experience in applying nutritional technologies to ruminants
- Proven ability to design, interpret and present in vitro rumen fermentation experiment
- Previous experience on rumen microbiome
- Preferably at least 3 -5 years experience from the industry
- Publication track record in international peer-reviewed journals and ability to express complex scientific ideas and concepts in a clear and easy manner
- Global scientific network of academic/institutional contacts
- Be a proven team player with outstanding networking skills and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize/communicate a team approach to understand goals and execute on plan
- Ability and willingness to travel globally
You will become part of a highly motivated and result-orientated international team. Team work and customer focus are part of our daily work. You will work in a dynamic environment with exciting and challenging tasks within microbial solutions for agriculture in relation to new product development, sales support as well as a better understanding of probiotic strains. You will work with interesting and dedicated colleagues and will have good opportunities for professional development.
If you have any enquiries please contact Senior Team leader, Bea Nielsen +45 4574 8486 or Cattle/Silage Scientist, Giuseppe Copani +45 5218 0479.
Please apply online by "Apply here". Here you can enter your resume, cover letter and relevant diplomas .
Deadline for applications is 20 May 2017. Interviews will be held throughout the application period and we, therefore, urge you to apply as soon as possible.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com