Senior Director, Clinical Pharmacology
Driven by research and a passion for science Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of innovative treatments that make a real difference in people’s lives all over the world. Active in the therapeutic areas of reproductive health, urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics, we develop medicine on the body's own terms. We believe in the power of people and research - and go where ideas and research take us.
We are currently looking for an experienced Clinical Pharmacologist to be the Head of Pharmacokinetics and Modelling group, which is a part of the newly established Translational Medicine Department, Science and Medicine, Global R&D.
Reporting to the Vice President of Translational Medicine you will provide leadership to the PK/modelling Group and be responsible for Clinical Pharmacology strategies in project throughout development.
- Line management for Pharmacokineticists and Experts at modelling and simulation, allowing for the employees to develop as professionals and individuals
- Define, in collaboration with other functions, the Clinical Pharmacology strategy for projects in all stages of development
- Provide senior scientific knowledge and expertise to study design and data interpretation in studies with PK/PD data throughout development
- As a member of the Translational Medicine Leadership team contribute to innovative and creative Translational Development strategies facilitating early drug development
- Represent Translational Medicine in connection with scientific, clinical and regulatory activities
- Contribute to evaluation of in-licensing opportunities
- Ensure compliance with Good Clinical Practice and adherence to regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with external specialists
- Share knowledge within the area of expertise with the rest of the department and organisation
We expect you to be a Clinical Pharmacologist, with MD and PhD degrees or potentially a PhD degree. You have experience from line management and from working in matrix driven organisations, and you have 10 years+ Pharmaceutical Industry experience and a thorough knowledge and understanding of drug development.
As a successful candidate, we expect you to be innovative, flexible and result-oriented with good communication and interpersonal skills. Furthermore, you are an engaged leader, you are a driver of change and thrive in a multicultural environment. Finally, fluency in English both spoken and written is essential for this position.
For additional information, please contact Vice President Malin Carlsson, MD, PhD (email@example.com)
Please send your application and CV in English no later than 1 June 2017.