Senior Application Consultant - Marine Support team
Are you interested in working for a world leading engineering software company?
AVEVA is One of The World’s Leading Engineering, Design and Information Management Software Providers to the Process, Plant and Marine Industries.
AVEVA’s world-leading technology was originally developed and spun out of Cambridge University in 1967. We provide mission-critical solutions to some of the world’s biggest engineering contractors (EPCs) and Owner Operators. AVEVA has successfully established a truly global infrastructure - an international business with over 1,700 employees and is exposed to the world’s fastest growing economies.
For more information about AVEVA: www.aveva.com.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer is placed in our office in Malmö, and the role is key in contributing to the growth of business within the region, providing professional post-sales product support, training, consultancy, and implementation for AVEVA applications.
The job holder is accountable for delivery of professional services to customers, either internally or externally, and may be required to travel at short notice as a representative of the company wherever necessary to deliver services.
- Provide advanced first line product support and resolves customer complaints or technical issues
- Provide high quality product training in both AVEVA training centres and at customer locations
- Deliver professional and knowledgeable consultancy, deployment and configuration services to AVEVA’s customers
- Provide pre-sales activity support.
In this role, you will work closely with both customers and sales team identifying opportunities, providing technical support at all levels of customer engagement and responding to product support issues.
To be successful in the role, we see that you:
- Understands the importance of the customer
- Have good problem-solving skills and the ability to investigate the needs and issues for customers with some assistance and direction
- Have experience in delivering customer focused technical training, an aptitude to plan and deliver high quality customer trainings
- Have a shipbuilding background, or experience from the shipbuilding industry
- Good team work practice, including planning, coordinate and follow up project activities
- The willingness to travel extensively (potentially worldwide) to perform consultancy tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, English language in addition to any local language.
- Presents facts logically and confidently
- Good general IT skills, including general MS office tools
- The minimum of an Associate or a Bachelor degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
In addition the following will be beneficial:
- Experience of AVEVA products or similar technologies
- Knowledge in programming, exposure to PML, C# and/or .Net
- Knowledge in database technology, experience from SQL Server or similar
- Knowledge in some of the following IT areas - Servers/networks/domains, VM’s, Cloud and SaaS
- Technical documentation skills and experience.
Full applications including a CV and covering letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AVEVA welcomes all applicants regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital/civil partnership status, race, religion and belief, disability or age.