Sales Force Effectiveness Manager
Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
Agilent Diagnostics & Genomics Group (DGG) is leading Agilent’s efforts in the fast-growing Diagnostics and Genomics market, where cutting edge research today is defining the future of treatment and diagnostics tomorrow. Our strategy is built around our strong legacy in cancer diagnostics and genomics solutions in pre-and post-natal applications as well as life science research.
We are currently looking for an experienced Sales Force Effectiveness Manager, reporting to the Director of Agilent’s Diagnostics & Genomics (DG) Go-to-Market Operations. As part of the team, you will manage projects aiming at improving DG sales effectiveness and Agilent customer experience, while supporting the Field organization in delivering on DGG’s exiting growth strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement Sales Force Effectiveness initiatives to support overall effectiveness of DG Field organization and guide intended behaviour
- Develop tools for the assessment of the “organizational health” through well-defined measures and success criteria’s
- Monitor Sales Performance indicators, recommend changes or enhancements when required to achieve productivity goals
- Translate overall strategic intent from Solution Unit to Field organization and implement tangible and well defined initiatives
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to design processes and organizational structures that maximize customer value and performance
- Run projects independently from initiation through completion, receiving guidance & support from subject-matter experts in the team or in similar functions in other parts of the organization
In the Go-To-Markets Operations team our goal is to establish effective sales processes, implement new cutting edge sales tools and improve our way of operating the Field when meeting our valuable customers. The Go-To-Markets Operations team serves as a value-adding and trusted partner to the DGG organisation and the position offers great deal of responsibility and exposure to the organization and the executive managers.
We are looking for someone that welcomes challenges, with a 'can do' attitude and a fun and positive spirit. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4+ year experience within sales force effectiveness or related disciplines
- Previous experience from the life science and diagnostics industry or consulting with broad exposure to the industry
- Track record of implementation results, delivering projects in a timely manner
- Experience in working in an international organization
- The role requires a person able to communicate ideas effectively and work under pressure, being self-motivated, diplomatic, uses sound judgment to succeed
- The candidate should possess the following critical skills to be successful in the role:
- Autonomous, results-oriented and strong persistence to reach goals
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively across a matrixed and global organization
- Ability to collaborate equally effectively throughout all hierarchical levels. A recognized team player
- Ability to deal with high pressure, visibility and workload. Strong time management skills
- Ability to translate objectives in clear action plans. Very organized, with strong attention to details whilst being able to focus on critical priorities
- Strong business acumen, analytical and data-driven mind-set
- Customer- and business-focus and understanding
- Scientific curiosity and the urge to understand the quickly evolving industry and customer needs
- Outstanding problem solving abilities, paired with creativity (think out of the box)
- Innate intellectual curiosity and proactive nature
- Strong in using Excel and Power Point as communication tool
- Excellent communication skills in English
- The following is considered a plus:
- University degree in Biology or Engineering, Business complemented with experience from the life-science industry
- Familiar with SAP CRM
- Familiar with 6-Sigma/Lean concepts
The successful candidate will preferably be based in an Agilent Office in Copenhagen, Denmark – Santa Clara, California, US or Madrid, Spain – which is our current hubs in the Go-To-Markets Operations team.
International travels should be expected to carry out the project related duties.