Market Director, Wind
Thanks to COWI's expertise in value-creating consultancy through our unique 360° solutions and implementation of an ambitious and focused growth strategy within wind and renewable power, we are winning many exciting and challenging projects. As a result, we are looking for a market director for our Wind and Industry department in Lyngby – could that be you?
COWI's Wind and Industry department has a staff of 80 skilled, ambitious and dedicated employees located in Aarhus, Vejle, Odense and Lyngby.
We are looking for a market director specialised in wind projects to join our team in Lyngby. You will report to Vice President Uffe Jensen, however, your daily focus will be on your customers and projects.
As our new market director, you will be responsible for strengthening COWI's market position in wind power with focus on wind projects, electrical integration and design primarily for the Scandinavian market, but also for developing new markets in Europe and worldwide.
Looking ahead COWI expects expansion of markets and new project opportunities to come primarily from other markets than the Scandinavian. Your ability to network and use your market skills will enable you to secure new customers and projects worldwide, placing COWI ahead of the changing market for renewable services within energy systems.
Dynamic motivator and execellent networker
You hold a Bachelor's or a Master's degree in engineering or similar and have the necessary experience with onshore wind projects. Experience in onshore/offshore electrical power integration and consulting engineering is an advantage.
You have +10 years of experience as market and/or project manager with experience from the consulting business. You have comprehensive business experience and understanding and are fluent in Danish and English both written and spoken.
Areas of responsibility:
- You will be responsible for structuring and maintaining relationship with customers within the wind energy business
- You will act as key account manager for selected customers in the portfolio
- You will be bid manager on large and important "must win" wind projects
- You will be responsible for organising, supporting and assisting team members with sales activities
- You will be responsible for structuring and maintaining strategic partnerships and alliances
- You will develop customers and projects within defined strategic international markets.
People management skills in a multi-cultural working environment
As a person, you can recognise yourself in the below statements:
- You can guide, coordinate and motivate managers and employees
- You have strong communication and management skills in a multi-cultural working environment
- You are capable of analytical and strategic thinking.
- You are able to seize new opportunities, and you are persistent and pursue agreed targets
- You are strong in taking decisions, delegating and planning
- You are proactive and result-oriented
- You are thorough and excellent in analysing and evaluating complex issues.
Working at COWI
We offer an informal and highly multidisciplinary working environment that provides excellent possibilities for you to develop your skills. With us, you will be able to shape your position.
- You will get career opportunities in a flat organisation structure
- You will be working with large international and challenging wind projects and you will get the opportunity to work with technical and commercial aspects within wind energy
- You will get a broader perspective at a consulting firm that designs technical solutions for tomorrow's sustainable societies – as part of the green conversion
- We offer a competitive salary package, including pension, health care and a bonus scheme, dependent on qualifications.
If you want to know more about the position or have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Uffe Jensen, Vice President
Wind & Industry
Mobile: +45 4017 6450
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, so please send us your CV and application as soon as possible, however, at the latest on 1 July 2017.
Do you consider yourself as the right match for the position with the required competencies, please do not hesitate to contact us to hear more even though you do not have the time to update your CV and prepare an application.