Technical Sales Representative BD Biosciences
BD is a leading global medical technology company that develops, manufactures and sells medical devices, instrument systems and reagents. The company is dedicated to improving people's health throughout the world. BD is focused on improving drug delivery, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases and cancers, and advancing research, discovery and production of new drugs and vaccines. BD's capabilities are instrumental in combating many of the world's most pressing diseases. Founded in 1897 and headquartered in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, BD employs approximately 28,000 people in approximately 50 countries throughout the world. The company serves healthcare institutions, life science researchers, clinical laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry and the general public. For more information, please visit www.bd.com.
To strengthen our Nordic organization, we are looking for a Technical Sales Representative BD Biosciences
(Sweden, Gothenburg & Lund area)
Purpose of this role:
The person in this role will be responsible for the sales of BD Immunocytometry and BD Pharmingen products by direct sales activities, with the aim to grow and develop the sales revenue in the territory. The focus for this person will be in selling cytometry instrumentation and associated reagents into the clinical, research and industrial markets (pharmaceutical and biotech).
This role will report to the Country Business Leader BDB Nordic.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Being responsible for the selling of the BD Immunocytometry and BD Pharmingen product ranges within the territory (Gothenburg & Lund area).
- Ensuring the growth targets for the BDB business are met on their territory within the BD IS and BD PMG product ranges through direct negotiation, sales activities in line with marketing strategies and tender response completion.
- Attending exhibitions, organising of on-site meetings/demonstrations and providing technical support.
- Participating in sales meetings, providing up to date and accurate information about the sales territory.
- Generating regular reports for the BD Biosciences marketing team (both local and European) communicating the trends, opportunities and threats for the organization from the market place.
- Thriving to achieve individual and team sales targets.
- Supporting not only the Cell Analysis Sales Team activities but those of BDB Nordic. This will also include the ability to coordinate the necessary individuals from the various functions such as Applications Support, Customer Service and Technical Support in order to achieve instrumentation sales.
You must have this background in order to fulfil this role:
- MSc or PhD in biological science (e.g. cell biology/immunology) and/or 2-3 years practical laboratory experience, preferably in Flow Cytometry
- Previous sales experience or experience in a commercial environment is highly desired
- Fluent knowledge in Swedish and English
- Excellent communicational, presentational and organizational skills
- Strong negotiation skills and customer focus
- Team player and has a proactive and positive nature
- Able to make decisions individually and project a professional image
- Strong supporter of the core BD values
- Precise and able to prioritize work
- Familiar with the Microsoft Office tools
The applicants will be expected to have or be able to develop the following sales competencies:
- Product knowledge
- Proactive territory management and business planning
- Organisation and time management
- Key opinion leader development
- Personal peak performance
- Market and environmental awareness
- Advanced communication and selling skills
- Negotiation skills
BD offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package, and strong leadership commitment to individual learning and development.
Please send your application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Fruzsina Hunko.