HR Vice President, Consulting Engineering
We are looking for a new HR Vice President who finds it interesting and challenging to have multiple offices as their responsibility – are you interested? If so, please read on.
Since 1930, COWI has pushed the boundaries of design through our involvement in major infrastructure projects worldwide. As part of COWI's Bridge, Tunnel and Marine Structures (BTM) business line, we manage our projects from offices located in the UK, Scandinavia, Germany, Middle East, India, SE Asia and North America.
COWI employ 6,600 people around the globe, of which approximately 1,300 are employed within the BTM business line (430 in Scandinavia, 330 in North America, 300 in the UK, 170 in the Gulf and the remainder based within India and SE Asia).
With a full set of world-class competencies within bridge, tunnel and marine engineering combined with local presence and experience, our team of dedicated professionals are ready to take on the most complex projects anywhere in the world – no matter how large or small.
COWI offers a dynamic work environment where multi-cultural teams from all over the world strive for the best results. We are offering an opportunity to become an integrated part of our People and Communication team for the Bridge, Tunnel & Marine business line and the wider COWI business, working with engaged and competent colleagues covering a complete range of disciplines.
We offer personal and professional development in an open and encouraging environment, which are key elements in our organisation, and you will be given the opportunity to influence the strategic direction through creativity and innovation.
This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced and internationally focused HR leader to join one of the world's leading consulting engineering groups, based within our People and Communication team in our head office in Lyngby, Denmark.
You will be accountable for leading and supporting an experienced team of HR professionals based in Scandinavia, UK, North America and the Middle East, supporting the BTM business line, setting and implementing strategies to ensure that we meet our 2020 growth plans to double in size.
Requirements: knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Human Resource or Employment / Labour Law Degree
- Significant previous international HR operations experience, ideally gained within a civil engineering or allied industry or a large consulting firm
- Ability to manage, support and develop a diverse business and HR team located internationally
- Ability to adjust changing priorities, successfully navigate ambiguity and ability to work with a variety of personalities both locally and remotely
- A clear business understanding and a commercial mind-set, and experience in identifying, implementing and driving development processes at all levels within a large international organisation
- Superb English communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- The ability to execute and create momentum around agreed strategies and actions throughout the organisation to anchor a high-performance culture and approach to assignments and tasks
- Understanding of how to manage and inspire colleagues
- Experience with change management and an in-depth understanding of employment law
- Strong communication skills and an appreciative, attentive, motivating and precise management style
- An outgoing and action-oriented personal style with a strong analytical sense
- A holistic approach to HR and management and a documented ability in an international and highly professional environment to deliver action and concrete results within your area of expertise
- Ability to travel freely across the world to support the team and the BTM business.
Reporting directly to Senior Vice President People and Communication, you will hold an exciting and challenging position with a clear opportunity to make a difference and support the on-going development of the BTM business globally.
Duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as a strategic business partner to the senior BTM management, building strong relations and supporting their business aspirations
- Lead the BTM HR team
- Build relationships with BTM management team and role model excellent leadership and people management capability
- Implement regional and corporate HR activities
- Ensure that the overall capability of the global BTM HR team is appropriate to deliver the immediate and long-term goals as mapped out in the 2020 strategy
- Provide leadership and management as a part of the HR board – sharing business understanding, and developing timely, cost-effective and fit for purpose solutions adding value to the business
- Support local management and the BTM HR team in people management, incl. recruitment, development and training, appraisals, salary negotiations, knowledge-sharing and handling of personal matters
- Partner with organisational leaders and stakeholders to diagnose the key people-related issues.
Remuneration & benefits:
COWI is an equal opportunities employer and we believe in rewarding our staff for their commitment and hard work. You will receive a basic salary matching your skills and experience.
How to apply:
Applying could not be easier, please click the link and follow the simple steps to upload your CV and application and commence what could be the next and most fulfilling chapter in your career.
In case you have any questions, feel free to contact:
David Haynes, Talent Acquisition Specialist (for English inquiries) +44 207 940 7600
Thomas Hall, Senior Vice President (for Danish inquiries) +45 4176 3197.