At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. The approximately 114,000 employees in the BASF Group work on contributing to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions and Oil & Gas.
By constant innovation during the years, BASF A/S Ballerup has developed a unique powder formulation technology. We are specialised in microencapsulated formulations of vitamins, carotenoids and Omega-3 mainly for the beverage, food and pharmaceutical industries. BASF A/S Ballerup employs approximately 150 employees in Production, QA, QC, R & D, EHS, Engineering, Maintenance, Logistics and Administration. Hereof 70 in Production.
What you can expect
The primary objective of the role is to lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the production functions. The main responsibilities will be:
- Overall responsible for production.
- Develop a high performance, collaborative and empowered leadership culture, influencing and engaging at all levels across the production.
- Deliver excellent day to day operational performance across all indicators, safety, people, quality, service, efficiency and cost.
- Lead key strategic forward looking for change initiatives and operational projects around capital investment, performance and cultural change within the area of responsibility.
- Develop proactive, responsive and effective relationships with key functions such as QA, QC, Development, Engineering, Logistics and cross key functions such as Marketing and Supply chain.
- Maintain constructive working relationships with representative bodies (work councils, safety committees etc.) and lead discussions and forums as necessary.
What we expect
- Strong leadership/team management skills and experience.
- Impressive, demonstrable track record and skills/experience gained within a similar position(s), at a similar level.
- Good knowledge of LEAN (5S, Kaizen, VSM, DMAIC).
- Credible and confident communicator at all levels (written and verbal in Danish and English languages).
- Strategic thinker with the ability to influence / motivate / coach at all levels.
- Highly customer focused.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Pragmatic approach with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Strong ability to prioritize.
- Process and procedurally oriented.
- Scientific degree (ideally pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry or related).
Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and "on-the-job" training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.