Mechanical engineer for Technology Refinery Department
Our activity level continues to increase due to growth in the market and our expanding market shares. To meet this demand, we are looking for a mechanical engineer for our Technology Refinery Department.
We offer a position that will allow you to perform a wide range of tasks within the field of mechanical engineering. You will work with design and development of reactor internals, which is proprietary hardware often sold in connection with catalyst sales and thus an important part of the refinery catalyst business for Haldor Topsoe. You will join around 20 ambitious colleagues, mainly mechanical and process engineers.
You will be involved in a range of interdisciplinary project groups and will acquire a broad technical knowledge basis. The job involves regular contact with colleagues in affiliated offices around the world and our international suppliers and clients. Assignments abroad in connection with engineering, inspection and installation of reactor internals are part of the job for which 30-60 days of travel a year can be expected.
- Development and modelling of new reactor internals designs in close collaboration with our development department
- Development of design tools, standards and guidelines for new reactor internals
- Support to digitalization projects with integration of tools and configurators
- Technical support in sales meetings with clients
- Inspection and quality control at manufacturers’ workshops
- Supervision of reactor internals installation at site
- Participation in our continuous improvement work.
- have an innovative mindset
- are interested in new manufacturing methods, trends and possibilities to work in alternative ways
- are self-motivated and passionate about developing optimal solutions using 3D tools
- are generally interested in the traditional mechanical disciplines such as metallic materials, solid mechanics, welding, and design
- are able to drive projects and work with tight deadlines
- are co-operative, open-minded, and prepared to work in a technical environment while meeting the requirements of the business and industry
- are internationally oriented and interested in working globally.
We are looking for candidates who are qualified mechanical engineers and may have some years of experience.
- have experience with 3D design tools at advanced level – preferably Inventor
- have knowledge of other design tools such as Ansys, PV-Elite, Mathcad
- have knowledge of international codes and standards such as: ASME VIII, Div. 1&2 and EN 13445
- speak and write fluent English.
Please contact General Manager Andreas Bruun Jørgensen; +45 2275 4803 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references no later than July 5, 2017.
Andreas Bruun Jørgensen
E-mail: ABJO@topsoe.com / phone: +45 2275 4803
Application deadline: 05-07-2017
Haldor Topsoe is a world leader in catalysis and surface science, committed to helping our customers achieve optimal performance. We enable companies to get the most out of their processes and products, using the least possible energy and resources, in the most responsible way. We are headquartered in Denmark and do project development, R&D, engineering, production, and sales & service across the globe. In 2016, our revenue was approximately 860 million US dollars, and we employ more than 2,600 employees.