Scientist with experience in formulation of oral dosage forms
The Product Design team at Pfizer Consumer Healthcare in Søborg, Denmark, is part of Global R&D. In collaboration with our colleagues in United States and China we develop new innovative products for our Global Wellness business.
At PCH we have a passion to improve the lives of people around the world, by empowering them to take health and wellness into their own hands through the innovation and expertise of Pfizer. Creating a culture of innovation, consumer focus and capitalizing on global capabilities are important strategic pillars that help us drive growth. In R&D we see ourselves as a partner for Marketing.
We are currently looking for a Scientist with a technical expertise within formulation of oral dosage forms, a commitment to deliver good science and quality while also having a committed focus on the consumer needs and desired experiences. The position is permanent.
The Scientist collaboratively designs and executes experiments, leads scale up and process validation in compliance with appropriate regulations with limited oversight to support product development on a global basis. The Scientist will understand and interpret experimental data and to succinctly communicate conclusions and next steps to colleagues and management. The successful candidate has demonstrated problem solving skills, and possess proven written and oral communication skills.
- Independently design and lead experimentation that supports the development of new products for our Wellness business including development of prototypes in a timely manner
- Active member of the Product Design team as well as appropriate functional project teams
- Evaluate and understands new ingredients with respect to chemistry, formulations and regulatory impact in target markets
- Lead the development, scale up and technology transfer of new products to the appropriate manufacturing site
- Ensure consumer needs are explored by incorporating Product Research in the development of new products
- Ensure that all product documentation is completed according to established timelines and applicable regulations
- Provides timely and targeted updates to colleagues and management
- Identify and evaluate new technology platforms and products
- Lead the daily operation of our state of the art Product Design laboratory including EH&S and responsibility to maintain a fully operating Product Design laboratory
- Identify, recommend, buy and successfully implement new equipment for the Product Design laboratory when needed
- Learn and apply innovation tools
You will be expected to play an active role in team meetings and to directly interface with Marketing and Global Commercial Teams as well as ancillary technical groups such as Analytical Development/QC, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Manufacturing sites and third party Contractors.
Education and experience
- You hold a Master degree in pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical science, chemistry or a related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in product development, formulation design, technology transfer is required.
- You have demonstrated expertise in basic formulation techniques such as, but not limited to, blending, compression and coating of a variety of solid dosage forms or you have expertise within liquids or confection-like forms.
- Experience with dietary supplement products is preferred.
- You are able to understand and interpret experimental data and to succinctly communicate conclusions and next steps to colleagues and management.
- Proven problem solving skills and excellent communication skills are a necessity.
- You have fluent Danish and English language skills.
- You master personal leadership, are trustworthy and have the ability to lead both yourself and others.
- You must have the ability to travel as needed to fulfill business needs.
For enquiries regarding the position please contact:
Anne Volke, Principal Scientist, Product Design at Anne.Volke@Pfizer.com or
Julie Kristiansen, Senior Scientist, Product Design at Julie.Kristiansen@pfizer.com
To apply please upload your CV and cover letter in English.
Applications will be evaluated continuously as they are received and the last date to apply is the 28th August 2017.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the bio-pharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.