Senior Project Manager
We are looking for a commercial financial manager for the Asset Management of our wind assets in Germany who pay attention to details. The financial manager will drive and handle all financial and contractual aspects with respect to the operation and financing of specific renewable energy (RE) projects. The ideal candidate has experience from the energy or financial sector and finds an organization with lots of daily challenges motivating.
As part of an international and engaged team in a company with colleagues stemming from various countries and with different professional background, you will work and benefit from a diverse and dynamic working environment as well as a flat company hierarchy. In cooperation with our highly experienced and motivated technical, commercial and financial staff, you will contribute to running operational assets smoothly and identify commercial optimization potential.
We offer an interesting career with a high degree of development, challenges and responsibilities in a dynamic and fast paced environment while offering the possibility to be active on the frontline of the renewable energy business.
European Energy’s business covers all phases of wind and photovoltaic projects, from early development to operation and/or divestment of assets. Our Asset Management takes the leading role in the commercial and technical management of our RE projects right from the commencement of commercial operation, whereas one of the main objectives is the optimization of the assets in operation with a strong focus on its lifespan and cost optimization. Therefore the Asset Management Team is responsible for a wide and varied scope of tasks.
Your prime areas of responsibility will consist of
- Income and expense controlling for specific projects in operation
- Sourcing, negotiation and implementation of all contracts surrounding the RE projects and follow-up on contractual obligations (service O&M, technical & commercial management agreements, insurance contracts, trading agreements etc)
- Relationship to banks, investors, local partners, utilities, land owners and other commercial counterparts
- Implementation of budgets and cashflow forecasts as well as analysis and steering liquidity of non-recourse projects
- Bank and investor reporting + general correspondence with financing bank; ensuring that covenants according to the loan agreement are met within deadlines
Qualifications and competencies for the position
- Successfully completed an academic education with an University degree in Finance or Business Management
- 5-7 years of relevant working experience ideally within asset management, financial institutions/banking or the investor side where data analysis, reporting and financial modeling was part of the agenda
- Ability to quickly work yourself into and accommodate yourself with new circumstances in a dynamic environment and ability to make decisions based on your own analysis
- Native proficiency in German and full professional proficiency in English is a requirement
- Personality: Self-motivated, outgoing, persistent and curious
- Expert proficiency in MS Excel
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Place of employment: Søborg (Copenhagen area), Denmark.
Apply for the position
Please submit your application including a CV and motivational letter in English to: HR@europeanenergy.dk. Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.
For further information about the position you can contact HR Manager, Anne Byrch Fjellvang, HR@europeanenergy.dk.