Principal Process Engineer with hydrocracking skills for Technology Refinery Department
Do you want to challenge Haldor Topsoe’s existing refinery process engineering knowledge? Do you want to work with industry experts with a combined experience of 150 years? Do you want to work together with sales, process development, and catalyst R&D in optimizing our refinery clients’ technologies and businesses?
You will join a global group of highly skilled engineers with a passion for technical solutions for our clients in the refinery industry. The ideal candidate is able to challenge us with new ideas as well as quickly learn from Haldor Topsoe’s vast experience.
Haldor Topsoe is an international company in rapid development. Our headquarters is based in Denmark, but the vast majority of our highly specialized catalysts and technologies are sold to industrial plants throughout the world. We now offer a unique position as Principal Process Engineer in our Refinery Technology Department, where we work with refinery technologies using Haldor Topsoe’s technologies and catalysts, mainly hydrotreaters and hydrocrackers but also emerging technologies.
If you join our company, you will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks within the field of process engineering and be involved in interdisciplinary project groups. You will be working with our hydrocracking technology, which means that prior experience in this area is a requirement. Your daily work will involve regular contact with our Refinery Business Unit, catalyst group, R&D as well as our regional offices.
We have colleagues and clients on most continents and assignments abroad in connection with sales and clarification meetings, troubleshooting, refinery walk-throughs and start-up activities are part of the job for which 30-60 days of travel a year can be expected.
- Technical proposals and feasibility studies for optimization of industrial hydrocracking plants
- Process design for grassroot and revamping of industrial hydroprocessing plants
- Advise clients on optimizing the operation and utilization of hydroprocessing plants
- Provide technical assistance to sales managers and clients worldwide
- Technical support to our engineering offices abroad
- Start-up of industrial hydroprocessing plants
- Create effective cooperation across cultural and educational boundaries.
- are curious, innovative, and think outside the box
- are a team player and thrive on interacting with colleagues and clients
- demonstrate initiative as well as strong technical abilities
- are committed and strive to make a difference
- are flexible to travel for shorter periods and thrive in cross-cultural contexts
- have an opinion and like to share it
- have excellent communication skills.
To be a successful candidate for the job, you have a degree in chemical engineering. You have 10-15 years of experience in process engineering design of hydrocracking units or operation of hydrocracking units. Experience with engineering computer programs (ProII, HTRI, Aspen Hysys, etc.) is a definite advantage but not a requirement. Good command of English, both oral and written, is required.
Please contact Head of Department Andreas Bruun Jørgensen, phone +45 2275 4803 if you want to know more about the position.
If you would like to be part of a team of skilled and dynamic colleagues in an informal organization, please submit your application and resume in Danish or English and enclose a copy of your exam certificates and any references.
September 18th, 2017
Contactperson: Andreas Bruun Jørgensen
Phone: +45 2275 4803