Research Scientist in Biochemical Analysis
We are looking for a Research Scientist for a vacant position in our department Biochemical R&D Support within the R&D in Hørsholm, Denmark.
Chr. Hansen is a world leading company which develops and manufactures microbial culture and enzyme-based products for the food and health & nutrition industries. The Biochemical Analysis department plays a central role in the R&D organization “R&D Microbial Platform” with delivering analytical support to projects and activities related to development of new processes and new products.
The main focus of the department is to perform biochemical analyses to determine the performance of our culture and products. In addition we participate in developing and validating new chemical analysis methods of high quality in very close collaboration with the Biochemical Analysis department. You will become part of a busy department where we collaborate with each other and with our customers to reach our goals. We aim for scientific excellence in our work, and strive to provide quality methods of high value to our customers.
In this position the focus will be on providing high quality and high throughput chemical methods for determination of sugar and acid in complex matrices.
Within the areas of biochemical method development and quantitative analysis:
- Optimize sample extraction procedures for various food types (especially milk, yoghurt, cheese etc. and wine)
- Optimize analysis of sugars and acids by ion-chromatography (IC) and HPLC techniques in various matrices
- Setup and develop high-performance methods for sugars and acids analysis on IC and HPLC
- Conduct and supervise validation studies
- Support to projects in selecting a proper experimental design and analytical approach
- Communicate the results generated to projects to enhance and ensure correct interpretation of the results
Your personal profile
- Master and preferably a PhD degree in chemistry, preferably within the chemistry of mono- and polysaccharides, biochemistry, natural products, or food chemistry
- Expert theoretical and practical knowledge with HPLC and especially IC analysis of sugar and acids (advanced method development, troubleshooting, and method validation)
- Experience with quality management and validation of chemical methods
- Highly self-motivated and a proven team player with outstanding communication and networking skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
An exciting opportunity in a global company where there is excellent opportunities for scientific and personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and you will have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the many innovation projects anchored in the Biochemical Analysis department.
If you have any questions, please contact Rikke V. Hedegaard, Department Manager at
email@example.com or +4574 7474.
Please apply online by "Apply here".
Deadline for applications is 30 September 2017.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen here.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com