Product Development & Integration Scientist
Competitive package to include equity, annual bonus, 10% pension, private medical cover and more!
Are you an excellent troubleshooter, with a broad knowledge base in the areas of instrumentation, medical devices, detection systems or similar?
Do you desire a role that will allow you to be at the cutting edge of the genomics revolution on work on the industry leading platform?
Do you enjoy pulling multiple strands of technology together to create a truly innovative product?
Illumina are at the forefront of instrumentation for the life science market, developing hardware, software and reagents that have revolutionised genomic sequence analysis. As an Integration Scientist at Illumina you will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and help create genomic analysis tools. You will participate in the development of high quality, robust products through the integration of hardware, software and chemistry components. You will also design and execute test plans and optimize systems product performance. This position will require working as a part of multidisciplinary team developing state-of- the-art technology
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Hands-on testing and integration of DNA sequencing systems
- Develop test plans to validate product performance
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Illumina's DNA sequencing systems, testing of new equipment and reagents
- Data analysis, interpretation and presentation of results
- Sample preparation and reagent optimization
Education and Experience:
- PhD in a scientific discipline (biochemistry, molecular biology or chemistry) is required; experience in the field of sequencing would be desired.
- A strong background working on hardware and software development and troubleshooting is necessary.
- A successful candidate will be a self-starter and able to work independently on projects and strive to meet tight deadlines.
- Experience writing and executing test plans to validate systems based products performance and robustness is essential.
- A broad scientific knowledge (instrumentation, optics, chemistry, molecular biology, software etc)
- Successful candidate must be able to demonstrate multidisciplinary approach to problem solving and be hands-on.
- Experience and knowledge of the ways that changes in one part of systems can affect performance of other parts and the whole system
- Must be detail oriented and highly motivated to be a part of a fast paced, multidisciplinary and dynamic environment.
- Solid communication and writing skills required
This role would suit a scientist with a multi-disciplinary background, or an engineer that has opted to work on biological applications that really feels drawn towards product development and the integration of systems to deliver innovative tools.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.