Dairy Application Engineer
For our Application and Technology Center (ATC) in Hørsholm we are looking for a dairy application engineer. The ATC is a part of the Application group in the Cultures & Enzymes Division.
Our Application and Technology Centre plays an important role in our work with customer related tasks and internally with development and trials of new cultures and enzymes within dairy products. We produce many different types of cheese and fermented products in pilot scale (3-1000 L) corresponding to industry requirements in our innovative food environment.
The position is new and you will be part of a team of 4 dedicated colleagues responsible for securing that the ATC has the right dairy equipment for the relevant processes and that the equipment is maintained and ready to use for the users in Global Application. You will be working in close cooperation with our mechanical engineer.
Main areas of responsibility
- Overall responsible for daily operation of the ATC
- Coordinate and/or perform hands on maintenance in the ATC in cooperation with our mechanical engineer
- Improve and optimize existing processes and equipment in the ATC
- Design and validation of new processes, equipment and facilities
- Prepare, implement and maintain user instructions
- Quality assurance of facilities and equipment
- You hold an academic education in dairy science and technology or alike
- You have thorough knowledge and experience in production of fresh dairy products and cheeses
- You see the big picture and have punch to solve problems in a way that fosters respect and understanding
- You participate in and contribute to cross-functional teams to successfully achieve project and business goals
- You are able to handle several assignments in parallel, you have a systematic and practical approach and you enjoy seeing the results of your work
- You have a basic knowledge concerning legislation and quality assurance (ISO 22 000) within dairy production
- You understand the importance of hygiene both from a design and from a process point of view
- You are excellent in English (orally and written) and preferable also in a second language like Danish or French
You will be part of a team of competent colleagues working in a dynamic innovative environment. We cooperate closely with all departments in Dairy Application together with other departments in our Sales and Innovation Organisation.
You will be involved in development projects with implementation of new processes and small scale equipment, from idea to installation on site. You can expect a dynamic and challenging workday and a job with opportunities for personal and professional development.
If you have any questions, please contact Ebbe Lund Rasholt, phone: + 45 5339 4091.
Please apply online. Here you can enter your details into our CV-bank.
Deadline for application is 9 October 2017, but interviews will be held as soon as we receive the applications.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Chr. Hansen is a global bioscience company that develops natural ingredient solutions for the food, nutritional, pharmaceutical and agricultural industries. The products include cultures, enzymes, probiotics and natural colors, and all solutions are based on strong research and development competencies coupled with significant technology investments. Revenue in the 2015/16 financial year was EUR 949 million. The company has more than 2,800 dedicated employees in 30 countries and main production facilities in Denmark, France, USA and Germany. Chr. Hansen was founded in 1874 and is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen. For further information, please visit www.chr-hansen.com