DNA Library Preparation Sales Specialist, Sth Germany
Fantastic remuneration package which would include a generous commission scheme, car allowance, full home office set up and more!
Fantastic opportunity for a commercially-minded scientist to join Illumina’s growing commercial function. Help us deliver the best results to our customers, every time.
You will be responsible for driving increased Illumina Library Preparation consumables usage, largely by reducing customer ramp times and focusing on full “sample to answer” solutions. The Specialist will also help to accelerate Neoprep, MiSeq and NextSeq system sales and build a community of satisfied customers. Both pre- and post-sales activities will be carried out to increase awareness of the solutions provided by Illumina and familiarize customers with associated applications and workflows. This is a great role for people who enjoy talking science and get satisfaction from helping Illumina customers get the best results from their sequencer.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Focus on providing a full sample to answer solution for new and existing customers
- Pre-sales activity will include delivery of technical expertise during the sales process including consultation on applications, assay design and data analysis / interpretation.
- Working closely with existing territory account managers and sales specialists to drive sample prep sales with each instrument sale
- Working with customers post system installation and initial training by Field Applications Scientist to provide additional training on sample preparation workflow.
- Monitoring consumables usage rates across desktop system install base
- Attendance at tradeshows/conferences
- Providing strategic and competitive feedback to field marketing
- Working collaboratively with sales, service and support to ensure effective account/customer management and communication through pre-sales – installation – post-sales cycle
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or Biochemistry desired. Alternatively, a technical degree in biosciences with proven experience in DNA sequencing
Preferred Experiential Background:
- Exposure to industrial and academic biotech environments
- Prior field experience supporting customers in a highly technical field preferred
- Proven technical expertise in sequencing and molecular biology sample preparation
- Uses independent judgment in developing methods, techniques or evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Have a natural flair towards written and verbal communication
- Have an understanding of commonly-used bioinformatics/genomic analysis tools and programs preferred
- Demonstrate problem solving and interpersonal skills in a customer facing environment
- Highly solutions-orientated and customer focused attitude
- Experience in a direct sales role desirable but not essential
The Library Preparation Specialist role is a key component of Illumina’s commercial strategy, enhancing our customer’s experience with our technology and ensuring fantastic results. This role would equally suit a sales person that has experience with consumables sales in the biotech market, or a scientist working in DNA sequencing that wants to put their technical knowledge to commercial use.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.