Packaging Specialist/Engineer, Supply Chain Management
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact. We use science to advance industries, and as part of Research, Innovation and Supply, you will produce and deliver the biological solutions that boost our customers’ business and pave the way for a brighter future.
Packaging Specialist/Engineer, Supply Chain Management, Bagsværd
Do you want to work in a professional environment where packaging play a key role both in relation to our customer’s needs, our quality and safety, and our production? If so, you could be our new colleague in Supply Chain, Technology Development, which is a dynamic international team of 8 project managers and specialists.
In your daily work, you will work as one of the primary resources for packaging related requirements, tasks, and projects. You will be project manager on medium local to large global packaging projects, and be the key resource and future owner of the cross functional packaging group. When new packaging materials are made, or when changes are needed for current packaging materials, you will participate as user specialist. You will take part in generating User Requirement (URS), test specs, as well as executing test and writing reports.
You will act as packaging expert for packaging material used within solid blending, liquid formulation, and solid and liquid filling equipment. This includes assisting global production units with technical support, troubleshooting, and projects. You will also be a part of developing and implementing global packaging strategies.
For the right individual, this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a highly professional organization with huge potential for personal and professional development.
In this position you need to have:
Technical background and knowledge/experience within;
- A MSc degree in engineering or an equivalent technical background
- Packaging experience from a similar position
- Materials knowledge especially within primary packaging (which could include knowledge of polymer and molding concepts)
- Static electricity behavior for solid packaging/handling
- Knowledge of adhesive capabilities on various packaging materials (such as plastic jerry cans, paper bags, cardboard boxes, and big bags)
- In-depth knowledge of all design parameters needed for specifying packaging materials, and secure repeatedly and consistent quality from our packaging suppliers
- Specifications used in test scripts for implementing changes, new material or in case of a customer complaints
- Fluency in English and Danish – both verbally and in writing
- Holistic approach but also with the ability to participate in detailed discussion when needed
- See the importance of working in a structured manner e.g. by using Novozymes stage gate project model
- High personal drive to seek influence, technology choices as well as sharing of better practice
- Strong analytical skills, and the ability to master data in Excel and similar programs
- The ability to easily adapt during time of changes and without missing focus
- Team player with the ability to interact with shareholders, and all parts of the organization.
- Business mindset to challenge packaging concepts which can lead to a competitive advantage and opportunities, as well as identify and support cost reduction
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in biological solutions. Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bioinnovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow. www.novozymes.com
For more information, please contact Lars Lundkrog Kristensen, Head of Technology development, by phone +45 3077 2922.
Application deadline: October 15, 2017.
We will review applications and call for interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please attach your diploma(s) when you apply for the job.