Financial Controlling Manager Denmark
What makes working at Mondelez International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Marabou, Daim, Aladdin, V6, Stimorol and O'boy and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are looking to incorporate a Finance Controlling Manager for Denmark that will have end to end responsibility for statutory reporting process, pension reporting and transfer pricing compliance. This person will also have the overall responsibility for periodic group reporting, maintenance of the balance sheet and ensuring that an adequate level of internal control is maintained within the country.
The role is based in Brøndby, Denmark, and will be a stand-alone position. The Financial Controlling Manager will be considered the main lead in the country and as such, will hold a senior position within the organisation, reporting directly to the Director of Accounting.
This is a comprehensive role, and as such there are many responsibilities including:
- Review and approve periodic group reporting (US GAAP) prepared by the shared service center
- Monitor activities reported outside operating income
- Review supporting documentation for restructuring provisions
- End to end responsibility for statutory process ensuring execution in line with a detailed compliance calendar
- Review all GAAP to GAAP and postclose adjustments
- Approve final statutory reports
- Review compliance with the transfer pricing model of all legal entities in scope
- Review templates and/or memos on valuation allowances and lead discussions with shared service provider
- Sign-off periodic reporting identifying changes in business and significant events impacting tax accounting and lead discussion with shared service provider
- Approve the International Tax Questionnaires for all legal entities in scope.
- Review the US GAAP and Local GAAP pension reconciliations
- Balance sheet maintenance
- Monitor commercial CAPEX activities ensuring timely capitalization, depreciation in accordance with group policies / local GAAP and performance impairment reviews.
- Responsible for statutory audits - Key contact, timely preparation of audit material and follow-up and resolution of issues resulting from the audit
- Internal Control and compliance
- Responsible for SoX controls in the area of financial reporting and pensions
- Business partner with Internal Controls team to support local business in maintaining an adequate level of internal control
- Business partner for internal (VAT, Fixed Assets, Intercompany, Accounts Payable, US GAAP reporting and Overheads) and external service providers (preparation statutory accounts, tax accounting and direct tax returns)
- Business partner with other departments such as Sales, Marketing and Customer Service & Logistics on ad hoc finance topics.
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent)
- Qualified accountant
- Familiar with compliance and accounting (US and Local GAAP)
- Motivated, pro-active and excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work as a team player in a cross functional / international environment
- Analytical and Accurate
- Clear priority setting and autonomous
- Ability to develop direct reports and others
- Experienced in SAP and Excel
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Danish