Electrical Engineer for cable design
For an interesting position as Design Engineer at NKT (Denmark), we are looking for an electrical engineer, alternatively an engineer or electrician with relevant experience.
You will be part of a strong team of 5 employees with wide experience within cable production.
The job demands that you have a desire to work in a project-oriented production company where the workdays are characterised by deadlines and where the quality and documentation demands are high.
The customers of this company are some of the largest energy companies in the Nordic countries and the UK. The extensive network means that you are expected to be able to communicate clearly in Danish as well as English, orally and in writing.
In the Development Department, you will be participating in all project phases:
From technical support during the sales phase, final calculation and design of cables and preparation of all production data.
Support for the production department during running-in and operation for verification of compliance with all requirements and rules.
You will be participating in experience meetings with the users and in groups working with national and international cable and installation standards.
You can expect some travel activity over the year - this can be 1-2 day visits to our foreign factories as well as customer meetings in other countries.
- Participation in cross-disciplinary design/construction/calculation of new cable types
- Process-technical documentation
- Implementation of production data
- Technical support for and daily communication with production department
- Technical support for sales function and customers
- Keeping your knowledge up to date regarding national and international cable and installation standards
- Responsibility for cables living up to current demands/standards/legislation
- Treatment of complaints
- Technical background as electrical engineer, alternatively engineer or electrician with relevant experience
- Good theoretical foundation
- Preferably experience in specification of low-voltage and medium-voltage cables
- Experience in working with standards
- Min. 4 years of professional experience
On a personal level, you are pragmatic, solution-oriented and responsible. You will be taking part in project work, and therefore, it is important that you are a team player with excellent interpersonal skill across the organisation.
Typically, the following will also apply to you:
- Quality conscious
- A quick learner
- Meet deadlines
- Happy with unforeseen tasks
- Good interpersonal skills across the organisation
- Interesting and challenging tasks during a workday with plenty of variation
- Good and informal working climate
- Salary according to qualifications
- Personal development with good career opportunities
- Pension scheme, group life insurance, health insurance, canteen facilities etc.
As soon as possible
Place of work:
Toftegårdsvej 25, 4550 Asnæs, Denmark
Application and contact
JKS Career is responsible for the recruitment process. Any questions should be directed at Senior Recruitment Consultant Annette Mathiesen on telephone +45 6163 0809.
Send your CV and a motivated application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to send your application in Danish, BUT you CV must be in English.
Send your application as soon as possible, as we will be conducting interviews continuously and the position will be filled when the right candidate is found.
NKT has pioneered the cable industry since 1891, and today we are still proactively meeting the world's constantly growing need for power.
We achieve this with our energy transportation expertise and cost-effective manufacturing at the highest technological level, and with the regeneration of the environment in sharp focus.
We have a 'global' mindset valuing trusted partnerships, and we firmly believe that by working together we can shape the future and use our passion to bring power to life.
NKT is a global and recognized provider of turnkey AC/DC cable solutions with dual headquarter in Denmark and Germany.
We employ approximately 3,400 people, and realized a 2016 revenue of EUR 1 billion. NKT is owned by NKT A/S, listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen